Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

True - been really frustrating weekend - though I did text my mate Paul after it happened! This fish was from a new swim - and paradoxically the last fish of the session - caught in full sunlight. This is the 1st 3 I've had this autumn that hasn't been caught in the 1st hour of daylight. I can't wait to return to this swim for a crack of dawn session!

C.

Where is the swim? :P :P :rolleyes:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on the new PB Chris.

Things are starting to look and fill very autumnal on the river up here. The bank side vegetation is dying back and the trees are starting to drop their leaves. I had another go at trotting maggots after work tonight and after standing in the river for a couple of housr even with neoprene waders on i was starting to feel the cold.

All the millions of small fish that make fishing maggot hard work in the summer seem to have done a vanishing act and the chub are shoaling up in the slower runs.

post-10964-1255992162_thumb.jpg

Nothing massive but better than watching the box.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Headlines of this weeks AT is "River records tumble" and reports a perch of 5lb 6oz caught on float fish worm from the Great Ouse and a 8lb 14oz chub from the River Lea on a liver and garlic boilie wrapped in a slice of white bread. :yucky:

Click here.

Looks like its been a good week for river chub and perch everywhere not just on AN.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Here it is.

The forceps are 9 inches long - the fish is a little over 18inches from nose to fork of tail!

post-459-1256068146_thumb.jpg

C.

That is a proper monster Chris well done Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Now that is a proper perch. Absolutely stunning!

I just had another look to get myself ready for the weekend (it might be the only perch I see!). Unless I'm much mistaken Chris, you're on for a 4 this year.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Unless I'm much mistaken Chris, you're on for a 4 this year.

Shhhh - don't tempt fate! :P

C.

(Will be back at this swim on Saturday - this time in optimal conditions!!!!)

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Shhhh - don't tempt fate! :P

C.

(Will be back at this swim on Saturday - this time in optimal conditions!!!!)

Saturday AM looks both very perchy and very horrible! A dawn session is in order if I can bear the downpour...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Saturday AM looks both very perchy and very horrible! A dawn session is in order if I can bear the downpour...

Just seen the forecast - YUK!!!! :yucky: I might wimp it and do a dusk session instead!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Just seen the forecast - YUK!!!! :yucky: I might wimp it and do a dusk session instead!

C.

Me too! I can't decide what to do really, I can get a couple of hours in this evening, and then have a completely free weekend (very rare!). None of my rivers look right still. I am tempted to try for chub, or maybe just do some trotting with maggots at my favourite tributary for bits and pieces, or maybe go for the perch, or maybe all 3...

As problems go it's a nice one, but I'd better decide soon :rolleyes: