Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

cheers steve i'm well chuffed :thumbs:

Out of interest would worms have been the killer bait?? and Dusk the time?? Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest would worms have been the killer bait?? and Dusk the time?? Steve.

yes steve i got thru quite a lot of worms think i'm gona need to find me a worm farmer! the 3 came at around 1pm and the 4 around 3 30pm but conditions were quite good most of the day good cloud cover and a slight tinge of colour in the water after recent rain

yes steve i got thru quite a lot of worms think i'm gona need to find me a worm farmer! the 3 came at around 1pm and the 4 around 3 30pm but conditions were quite good most of the day good cloud cover and a slight tinge of colour in the water after recent rain

Some guys on another Forum had mentioned that Worms direct .co.uk and willisworms.com and a outfit called Tommy Topsoil All recommendations off another site mind not mine i hasten to add but they were singing there praises so worth a punt.

You could also try this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/21/w...t_n_189593.html :rolleyes: .

The other Perch fetishists are going to overdose when they see your brace fella and i know its not always possible but if you can manage to fish with a buddy then the trophy shots look much better ie you are holding a cracking brace :camera: ,said the same thing to Rusty off here some time ago and i believe he is off on a Perch hunt to virgin water today so may well have the same dilemma hopefully so for his sake.

The other option is the self take button and stick your camera on an adapter on the end of a bankstick but i have no experience of this although someone on here will know for sure.

Just an observation chap as i have lots of pics of fish on a unhooking mat either in the bottom of the boat or bank with the tips of a pair of wellys poking into the shot and a pair of forceps in a vain attempt for scale and this doesn't really portray the big childish look what i have caught grin over your face ,Of course if you need someone to perform this task may i recommend Steve Nikon Appleford :lol::lol: .

Car service today and Puppy sitting tomorrow so i will not get a chance to find my Thames perch for a while but the river is still hardly moving down this end so not to bothered ,Good luck to anyone out this weekend Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

post-15953-1257583676_thumb.jpgthanx for the worm info steve will look into that in a bit,if it was a brace of 4's i would have gone wandering and found the nearest angler for a proper photo like this one from last year! i did do a self take photo but cut off half my head and was too close to the camra as it was raining and i was trying to do it all under the brolly gona have to practice over the next few months

Nice work Denzil! What huge fish! A 4lber - that is something really special :thumbs:

It's nice to see a photo of a '4lb perch' that isn't actually nearer 2lb :rolleyes:

And at 4lb 2oz that makes my guess (see earlier in the topic) of the biggest AN perch this season the current winner!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well done Denzil, they're both fantastic fish, you should be proud.

i believe he is off on a Perch hunt to virgin water today so may well have the same dilemma hopefully so for his sake.

My achievements were somewhat less spectacular I'm afraid. It was a new water for me and I'd been advised that it could be a bit daunting for first timers......so it proved. There's a lot of it and everywhere looked promising, so much so that I couldn't decide where to start and spent more time mincing about than actually fishing. I never really spent long enough in a swim to get it going, I kept moving on after 10 minutes to another good spot.

After four biteless hours I called it a day and went to Northcroft just to see if my rod was still capable of bending. Mind you I'll be back shortly with a more considered approach, who wouldn't?

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

Northcroft didn't let me down. Dangling lobs next to the [closed] weir produced three successive Perch all about the 1½ lb mark. This was the biggest at 1lb 10oz, with luck Denzil's monster picture won't be on the same page as this.

IMG_3757.jpg

A good end to the day.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well done denzil, I think I may be suffering from a bit of Perch envy :D

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Cracking fish, Denzil.

Lovely to see a 'four' on the board this early on.

How big are the brace in your other photo?

That looks a beautiful spot you have there, Rusty.

The perfect backdrop for that photo of you clutching a 5lb'er! ;)

Managed a Perch trip the other day that resulted in a dozen decent fish between the two of us, but none going over 2 3/4lb. Rather washed out, unattractive fish, too.

Leaving at 4.30am, to be ready for a dawn start, back to the venue we fished a few weeks back. Fingers crossed.