Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

Wow! In my opinion, that's the best catch on this topic yet, I am very impressed! Those are huge dace, I am definitely jealous now. If I ever catch a dace nearer a pound than half a pound, I can die happy :) Rare fish, and not easy to track down, and can be almost impossible to hook!

If you get one on the dry fly, it might be immediately fatal!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get one on the dry fly, it might be immediately fatal!

They do come out to the dry fly from this water too! Wonder if they are as appreciated as much by the fluff-chuckers!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

They do come out to the dry fly from this water too! Wonder if they are as appreciated as much by the fluff-chuckers!

C.

As a regular fluff chucker (now reformed) I had two 2lb perch whilst fly fishing for trout once. I've also managed roach, rudd, bleak, minnow and chub whilst dry fly or nymph fishing for trout, but never a dace.

I raised a few when I went to Barton Court in May, but couldn't hook them on the Mayfly.

That is a NICE dace, I caught one or two around that size (didn't weigh them) trotting at Barton Court last winter. I have scales now, so this year will weigh all large dace.

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

That is a NICE dace,

Thanks - and for your comment Anderoo - big Dace are rare and getting a good one is always the highlight of my season, that may well be the best I get unless I happen upon them again in Feb. I always like to measure as well as weigh dace - 13oz doesn't sound much until you mention it was nearly a foot long! :o

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Thanks - and for your comment Anderoo - big Dace are rare and getting a good one is always the highlight of my season, that may well be the best I get unless I happen upon them again in Feb. I always like to measure as well as weigh dace - 13oz doesn't sound much until you mention it was nearly a foot long! :o

C.

That's a great dace Chris. :thumbs:

I went rushing for the scales a few weeks back when i caught what i thought must be getting on for a pound dace. It went 11oz when i put it on the scales. :angry: I can see how a pound dace must look massive.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Conditions shaping up nicely for some more perching this weekend! :D

C.

They are, and I won't be able to fish :( Best of luck to everyone out tracking down the largest Sergeants!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

They are, and I won't be able to fish :( Best of luck to everyone out tracking down the largest Sergeants!

I've got a load of lobs - if I can avoid going trotting and seek out the slacks instead, I might have a few perch for a change.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Only just noticed the lovely dace. Magnificent! A very much underated species in a world obsessed with huge carp and barbel it is sometimes great to do as you have and go back to simplicity. Trouble is many never learnt the art of trotting and many never will. Well done that man!