Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

Back to the canal this morning - in ideal conditions - mild, overcast and drizzly. Had a 3lber (3lb 5oz) first cast - which was nice - followed by a couple exactly ½lb and a lb lighter. One of these coughed up his breakfast - a substantial crayfish!!! Things looked on for a shedfull but bites died after around 0830 - and despite trying numerous swims - that was it!

Pic of my 'Brace and a half' below...

Chris please can you post your full name, your address, date of birth and mothers maiden name. I've decided if I can't beat you I'll have to steal your identity and take over your life (and fishing)!

Rich

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris please can you post your full name, your address, date of birth and mothers maiden name. I've decided if I can't beat you I'll have to steal your identity and take over your life (and fishing)!

Rich

:D

There is a 'truism' that the military are taught (probably going back several 1000 years to the Chinese).

"That Time Spent in Reconnaissance is Seldom Wasted"

Also true to our sport - a lot of my success is down to 'Location, Location, Location' and I'm always on the look out for new places to try - even when I'm not fishing - the dog tends to get walked where I can have a good gander at some water! :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Well got my autum perch adventure off to a goodish start after two blanks in the last couple of weeks had a perch of a pound on the river stort round Harlow. OK not huge but nice to catch when i only had a couple of hours this afternoon to get some fishing in. The bigger ones are there just have to find them.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

So what are folks planning for the coming weekend? Weather looks a tad on the wet side in the south - I might have a bit of a rest and just snatch a few hours grayling fishing....

C.

Visiting in-laws Saturday for the Christmas pressie drop.......oh the fishing. Timsbury Sunday and the Kennet Monday in the hope of some Chub action (won't be a dawn raid though, think I'll be knackered Sunday night)

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Visiting in-laws Saturday for the Christmas pressie drop.......oh the fishing. Timsbury Sunday and the Kennet Monday in the hope of some Chub action (won't be a dawn raid though, think I'll be knackered Sunday night)

Really narked about the weather! I'm still hopeful the front might go the other way, but the forecast seems to be getting worse which is not a good sign. Never mind, I've got my name down for Lower Itchen in February if it works out.

I'm doing DIY on Saturday, Timsbury Sunday, work on Monday.

I think that the three bloggers should have day on the Moors at some stage - what you up to next Saturday Rusty?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Really narked about the weather! I'm still hopeful the front might go the other way, but the forecast seems to be getting worse which is not a good sign. Never mind, I've got my name down for Lower Itchen in February if it works out.

I'm doing DIY on Saturday, Timsbury Sunday, work on Monday.

I think that the three bloggers should have day on the Moors at some stage - what you up to next Saturday Rusty?

I'm hoping to have a day on the Middle Kennet next Sunday (6th) so won't be able to do Sat as well. If that doesn't materialise then Sat morning at Speen Moors is a definite yes!

C.

I'm hoping to have a day on the Middle Kennet next Sunday (6th) so won't be able to do Sat as well. If that doesn't materialise then Sat morning at Speen Moors is a definite yes!

C.

Another Sunday or Staurday might be possible, I'll have to speak to the missus and sort out the ticket exchange thingy - I'll need swap my CSAS at Thatcham tackle shop.

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Oi, behave, it's hard enough to stalk one Chris Plumb without imposters turning it into The Thomas Crown Affair.