Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

Can't access it from the A4 - haven't tried from Walton Way end - I might snick out for a couple of hours this afternoon - want to try out a new grayling bait!

C.

I've got sodding sciatica again - can't move. Struggle to get to the kitchen let alone in a cold river.

I love fishing in this weather too. The swan stretch is a good one, only fished it once, but caught several good grayling.

Catch some for me - I'm off to the chiropractors..... :(

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got sodding sciatica again - can't move. Struggle to get to the kitchen let alone in a cold river.

I love fishing in this weather too. The swan stretch is a good one, only fished it once, but caught several good grayling.

Catch some for me - I'm off to the chiropractors..... :(

Had a bakers dozen from Shaw - including a couple of 'pounders'. Swan stretch still cordoned off - though I like what they've done with the river.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Had a bakers dozen from Shaw - including a couple of 'pounders'. Swan stretch still cordoned off - though I like what they've done with the river.

C.

Well the perch were feeding despite the cold, had two nice 2s including a 2lb 12oz which I watched snaffle from very close range, AMAZING STUFF! Not as big as the rest of the monsters in this thread but still very good for this stretch!

Rich

Well the perch were feeding despite the cold, had two nice 2s including a 2lb 12oz which I watched snaffle from very close range, AMAZING STUFF! Not as big as the rest of the monsters in this thread but still very good for this stretch!

Rich

Blimey - well done - I wouldn't have dreamed of going perching in these conditions!

C.

Blimey - well done - I wouldn't have dreamed of going perching in these conditions!

C.

The Thames perch seem to love cold weather I've caught when its been frozen over!

I'll be out again tomorrow at a different bit, see how I do there!

Rich

Can't even get to the river at the mo due to the snow but well done to those who reported. Chris did you catch on your new grayling superbait?

Err no - couldn't get it to stay on the hook - needs a rethink - or probably a bigger hook!

C.

Err no - couldn't get it to stay on the hook - needs a rethink - or probably a bigger hook!

C.

Isn't life strange? I've been planning a new grayling "superbait". I had a quick half hour on the Lugg a couple of days ago in far from perfect conditions (too fast and heavy and still coloured) I took maggots and the "new" bait. I had one fish off one bite of about 12oz on maggot and three bites but no hook-ups on the "new" bait.

No problem keeping the bait on the hook but I think a larger hook (I was using a 14) may help with the hook-up.

I just strolled over the bridge and the change is phenomenal! A couple of days of hard frost and the river has dropped the required 6" and has fined out amazingly........bit of a bugger really 'cos tomorrow I've got a christmas clay shoot and associated apres shoot "social" afterwards :drunk:

Oh well, some time next week if I can get my pre-christmas panic jobs finished :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

made it out for a few hours this morning, had a go with my late grandads abu 506 instead of my normal fixed spool reel, so much better trotting with that! had a fair few grayling and a couple of trout, was a good morning apart from freezing rings! anyone else brave the cold?

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Had approximately 1/4 pint of maggots and I had literally half an hour on a local stretch of the river before running out of them. Before I run out of maggots I got two obliging chub and retired back home to some comfort warmth and a nice cup of tea.

23decchubn2.jpg

23dec09chub1jpg.jpg

Edited by Tigger