Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

Had approximately 1/4 pint of maggots and I had literally half an hour on a local stretch of the river before running out of them. Before I run out of maggots I got two obliging chub and retired back home to some comfort warmth and a nice cup of tea.

23decchubn2.jpg

23dec09chub1jpg.jpg

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

I kept looking out of the window and thinking about having a wander, but float making next to a wood burning stove got the better of me. :)

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

I kept looking out of the window and thinking about having a wander, but float making next to a wood burning stove got the better of me. :)

I don't blame you m8, it wasn't really enjoyable in that cold. I'm glad I had no more bait the half an hour was enough !

1st fish of 2010 - a chub of 3lb 9oz - and the 1st of 7 caught trotting this morning. Had a couple a little bigger - to 4lb 2oz and 4 smaller....

1stfishof2010.jpg

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• 4 weeks later...

I had a terrific evening chubbing with Chris today. Very cold but managed a couple of bites:

4lb 14oz

DSCF1484.jpg

6lb 3oz and a new PB!

DSCF1486.jpg

:)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I had a terrific evening chubbing with Chris today. Very cold but managed a couple of bites:

4lb 14oz

DSCF1484.jpg

6lb 3oz and a new PB!

DSCF1486.jpg

:)

Oh, nice fish!

and CP, nice reel!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Clonking Chub Anderoo well done :clap2::clap2: Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Good result! A nice if bright day to be out. I was gardening, clearing out snow damaged and frosted plnts. The snowdrops are out, and the crocuses are nearly there.

I went out chubbing yesterday between midday and dusk and managed two chub - a 3 and a 31/2. One trotting maggot, and one legering. Also Lost two, one due to a hook pull (size 16) that felt BIG. Another due to a monumental cock up my behalf. Legering cheese paste, I used a fixed spool reel with which I am very out of practice - I use centrepins normally - struck a bite and then held on, the ratchet didn't move, the Avon rod was pulled round then all went slack. The 6lb line broke at the swivel. Upon closer inspection the line was caught around the back of the spool. Just as well it was a barbless hook.

Q: How does the line get wound behind a skirted spool? A: Coz I'm an idiot. Also should have used a centrepin. :headhurt:

Might try tomorrow for an hour or two.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."