Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perch were hungry and in under 3 hours I had ½dozen

So you really were 'back before breakfast'.

Well done Chris, wish I had dilemmas like that. I'd find it quite hard to stay away from that part of the canal, mind you temperatures will drop sharply tonight.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well done Chris you are the Perchmiester :notworthy::notworthy:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

As this thread started with perch :rolleyes: - it might as well finish with them. Making the most of a small window of opportunity I was down the canal in a thrice this morning to take advantage of ideal perching conditions - a rare event this winter!

The perch were hungry and in under 3 hours I had ½dozen - including 3 over 3lb. Biggest was 3lb 11oz - very bad self portrait below. At the start of this season my pb Stripey was 3lb 9oz - this morning's fish was the 4th this autumn/winter over that! :D Still awaiting that elusive 4!

Stripey3lb11oz.jpg

C.

Nice one (½ dozen) Chris. :thumbs:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

A really great result Chris, congratulations! (I said so on the other thread too, but I reckon this deserves a double mention!)

I had yet another grueller today - I was really looking forward to an afternoon's perch fishing but when I got there the stream was the colour of coffee, it was in a right state. So I turned around and tried to save the day at another river with a chub. That was also in a bad state, and even though I stuck at it well into dark, the result was a resounding blank! Not even a bite.

Tonight and all day tomorrow is going to e heavy rain, so I think that's this weekend's fishing over... The most frustrating thing about today is that it was so mild, if there was just less colour in the water it could have been so, so different!

Ah well :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hmm.

I think discretion might be the better part of valour here. I have some lobs, and was considering the Thames, but it sounds as if it would be a wasted journey. And it's cold and wet and windy. I suppose I could go and have a look at the little club pond that's reputed to have some big perch in it - perhaps just walk round it chucking a floatfished lob into each likely looking spot. I'd really like to explore it with a spinner, but that is forbidden.

Nothing in the rules about fly fishing, mind.

Hmm.

I think discretion might be the better part of valour here. I have some lobs, and was considering the Thames, but it sounds as if it would be a wasted journey. And it's cold and wet and windy. I suppose I could go and have a look at the little club pond that's reputed to have some big perch in it - perhaps just walk round it chucking a floatfished lob into each likely looking spot. I'd really like to explore it with a spinner, but that is forbidden.

Nothing in the rules about fly fishing, mind.

I know the feeling Steve, it's really frustrating. I have a free afternoon and loads of lobs, maggots and cheesepaste, but another session sitting in the rain feeding crayfish doesn't really excite me!

Time's ticking away...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I know the feeling Steve, it's really frustrating. I have a free afternoon and loads of lobs, maggots and cheesepaste, but another session sitting in the rain feeding crayfish doesn't really excite me!

Time's ticking away...

unless you have a river in your back garden your not gonna catch from your front room ;)

conditions are looking better for tomorrow and tuesday though!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88