Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

50/50 with salmon, sometimes they go ballistic, sometimes they just doddle around the bottom in low gear. If you do manage to get them off the bottom and near the net that's when they go ballistic, just as you're staring open-mouthed in disbelief with your rod tip tangled in that flipping oak tree :D

I like to think however that it was a huge grayling.........I might just go for a stroll with the rod later B)

I wish you hadn't mentioned the "C" word!

Nick.

What 'C' word :P

Rich

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anagram of crap B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Great fishing. An amazing Grayling and an awesome catch of Chub. I was roach fishing on the Bristol Avon and Malmesbury but wasn't too successful. Did manage a nice Chub as it was getting dark though, saved the day!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

Hi Nicholas.

Where about on the Avon through Malmesbury were you having a go for the roach? I was over there the other weekend and had a nice bag topped off by this fish... Not quite the 2lber I was after, but a lovely fish all the same.

DSC07725.jpg

If you're local, you might recognise the stretch I was fishing? Definitely worth having a go down there!

Stu

Edited by Stuart Wright

had this bream from the canal yesterday afternoon (unsure of weight but it put up a good fight!)

my second every bream, first was 5 minutes before this one!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1131...mp;id=837105642

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Unlike this time last year when I was really baggin up with chub whilst trotting, this year the fish are nothing like as abundant due to the pollution at the back end of last summer decimating the river. I only managed 5 today the biggest being just over 3 lb so no record breakers. I suppose I can't complain too much though as I was there less than an hour but it's pretty sickening knowing less than twelve months back the river was teaming with life.

Hi Nicholas.

Where about on the Avon through Malmesbury were you having a go for the roach? I was over there the other weekend and had a nice bag topped off by this fish... Not quite the 2lber I was after, but a lovely fish all the same.

DSC07725.jpg

If you're local, you might recognise the stretch I was fishing? Definitely worth having a go down there!

Stu

That looks HUGE. An amazing fish!

john clarke

A belting roach Stuart! I'm very jealous! It's great to a get a picture of a lovely big roach on the topic - very rare to see them now.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A belting roach Stuart! I'm very jealous! It's great to a get a picture of a lovely big roach on the topic - very rare to see them now.

Great roach Stuart, what was the weight? I'm stuck on 1lb 13oz, (and have been for a very long time :( ). The elusive 2lber, always seems to escape me, even when others around me have had them, I always fall a few ounces short.

As Andrew says, it's a rare to see a photo of a good roach these days. Nice one.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John