Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

Good to see you posting again Andy, I wondered where you'd got to!

Hi Andy, fishing has taken a back seat this year unfortunately, it's been a busy year with my family, house and work. Couldn't miss a trip to Timsbury though.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would bump this a bit, could really do with a few more names guy`s, I know Tony pays for the beat in advance and as it stands either the price per person will almost double or Tony will go bankrupt :rolleyes:

Another bump as it's not too far away, could this thread be pinned?

I'm happy for the price to be adjusted if we don't fill the 20 spots.

For those who haven't been before I was lucky enough to get a cancellation spot last year and despite the weather being cr@p it was a brilliant day and a wonderful location, I wouldn't want to miss the chance this year. It's got everything you'd want, fast trotting water, a gentler paced carrier and a big stretch of the Test where you can trot or pitch up under a brolly if you want. I believe you can fly fish too so my travel rod will be in the car.

A couple of photos I'd forgotten about;

A tiny section of the fast carrier

IMG_2860.jpg

A decent Perch from the slow carrier. This was a bonus as I was walking back to the hut having been blown into oblivion by the strong winds, I just fancied a last dapple to use up maggots. If there's one there's others so lobs will be on the menu as well this year

IMG_2862.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well we are up tp 13, we need a further seven places could one of the Mods pin this notice please

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

A couple of photos I'd forgotten about

You're making me salivate now!

(Every time I close my eyes I see a stick-float dip beneath the ruffled water, then the rod tip pulls around, and the pin begins to pull round against the pressure of my forefinger

Oh! and the smell of bacon-butties drifing across the dewed field calling me back to Lyn's van for second helpings, not to mention the smoke drifting across from Tony's Kelly kettle)

:)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

ok ,as a way of helping alieviate any shortfall from places being taken up ,i'll sort of sponsor the trip via sales of floats ,i have some crowquill avons in production ,if anyone wants any .all are between 6-8 BB and between 4-6" and will come with 4 float rubbers a fixed .

DSCF1267.jpg

in three body shapes ,some painted others have several clear laquor coats & all tips are painted with florescent colours ,red ,yellow and orange .the tips can be matt black if needed

DSCF1412.jpg

i`ve the whippings too do in fine black silk and sealing coat of lacquer and a touch of final banding .should take about a week or so too finish them & float rubbers too fit .there should be plenty of each to go around

DSCF1269.jpg

all gone now ,but i'll have see about making some more maybe a smaller size .

DSCF1273.jpg

(15) 5 of each colour red ,orange,yellow. ( the bottom half of the body can be green if required )

DSCF1271.jpg

(18) 6 of each colour red ,yelow ,orange

DSCF1414.jpg

5 of these all blacks

i might just have time too make some smaller floats suitable for the carriers ,if i get kracking. or modify the body colours etc of the above if needed ,i'll add pictures of any more floats if i do any .might also consider any special requests .but i only work on these after work and weekends .

all are £2.50 each ,too be payed on the day ( & available too tony if its needed :thumbs: ) if we've a full take up of places ;then i guess my pocket will do ;) .please Pm any orders too save posting on this thread .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i'll be bringing my kelly kettle as well ,and a couple spare centrepins if theres anyone who fancies having a go or wants help with casting .Really looking forwards too this one .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

O.K. last night I had a dream- rain on the wednesday before the fish in leading to a mild overcast weekend , light southerly ( not enough to blow the trees down Leon ! ) river and carriers fining down and carrying a lovely colour after wednesdays rain and a mild Saturday night. The fish are gonna go balistic. so.......................... up for grabs for the biggest Roach over 1 & 1/2 lbs is a brand new 2.5lb test curve carp rod :o:o:o photos and witness please..

If you are still looking for more people to come along, I'd love to be included.

Love the look of the floats chavender, nothing better than watching a crow quillgently wind its way downstream, or into a tree in some cases!

Simon

Would love to come along as well but i would only be able to stay up till midday or thereabouts so cannot really justify £18 for four hours fishing so will have to decline... :(