Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

I was also considering that. I have repaired my waterproof fishing suit!

I just reserved one from Argos :D To be picked up on the way home. My old one was an Argos brolly and has now lasted for 15+ years, but has finally started to fall to bits. Still not bad for £20!

I think it might be a day tucked under a brolly watching a tip - not quite cricket on the Test, but with the extra colour and water I think there might actually be a chance of a roach this year...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that thought had occurred to me too... My local tackle shop has a cheapy Leeda 2XL brolly for 25-30 quid, what's the Argos one like?

I'll let you know later Steve, but the old one I have (the only brolly I've ever owned!) was a good, solid bit of kit. Never leaked and only recently started to come apart. They are quite heavy compared to expensive alternatives.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've checked the weather for Romsey on Sunday three times today, and it's been different every time :rolleyes:

When I say different, I mean the quantities of rain keep changing :D

I think I might need to buy a new brolly.

I've been watching the isobars and I'm convinced that the Meteorologists still don't know and that they are projecting the worst case scenario. The fronts are all over the place, but if the depression that they are projecting doesn't develop in the direction they are suggesting, we could have relatively dry day. As it is the projections show the bad weather skimming the South of England on Sunday (over Hampshire). Yesterday the weather for Sunday showed heavy rain all day, today it shows rain with sunny spells and less rain overnight.

I'm an optimist but I am thinking that it could be OK. :sun: I said yesterday that todays forecast would be the one, but I'm now thinking that it will only be really accurate tomorrow.

As for river conditions, the Kennet is slightly coloured, but only slightly and the level is almost normal. This would suggest that The Test is similar. However, as I said - I tend to be optimistic! :rolleyes:

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I'll let you know later Steve, but the old one I have (the only brolly I've ever owned!) was a good, solid bit of kit. Never leaked and only recently started to come apart. They are quite heavy compared to expensive alternatives.

The weight doesn't bother me so much - if I'm carrying a brolly, I'm not going far!

I suppose for the difference in price I ought to support my local tackle shop, and Argos would mean going into Swindon. Hmm...

The weight doesn't bother me so much - if I'm carrying a brolly, I'm not going far!

I suppose for the difference in price I ought to support my local tackle shop, and Argos would mean going into Swindon. Hmm...

If you want me to pick one up for you, let me know before 5pm, and I'll bring it with me on Sunday :thumbs:

I've been watching the isobars and I'm convinced that the Meteorologists still don't know and that they are projecting the worst case scenario. The fronts are all over the place, but if the depression that they are projecting doesn't develop in the direction they are suggesting, we could have relatively dry day. As it is the projections show the bad weather skimming the South of England on Sunday (over Hampshire). Yesterday the weather for Sunday showed heavy rain all day, today it shows rain with sunny spells and less rain overnight.

I'm an optimist but I am thinking that it could be OK. :sun: I said yesterday that todays forecast would be the one, but I'm now thinking that it will only be really accurate tomorrow.

As for river conditions, the Kennet is slightly coloured, but only slightly and the level is almost normal. This would suggest that The Test is similar. However, as I said - I tend to be optimistic! :rolleyes:

I expect you're right, but I think I will assume the worst... :D

i dont normally use a brolly unless i'm match fishing & stuck in one spot for hours ,but i'll pop mine in the car as a spare just in case anyone finds they need one .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

If you want me to pick one up for you, let me know before 5pm, and I'll bring it with me on Sunday :thumbs:

Very kind of you! I think I will get the one from the tackle shop, though (and then probably regret it when I get to see your Argos one!).

Very kind of you! I think I will get the one from the tackle shop, though (and then probably regret it when I get to see your Argos one!).

OK, no probs! We can have a game of brolly top trumps too :D