Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

I have not done any Grayling fishing for ages so I would love to go. Please count me in as a definate and can anyone advise where the nearest Travelodge is so I can book it.

Sutton Scotney on the A34 is the nearest. There is a village up the road too with a pub that does decent food although not cheap.

Paul

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its £42 at (Winchester) Sutton Scotney southbound ,10min drive away

or the local pub (who does excellent breakfasts ) might have rooms

Malthouse Inn

Stockbridge Rd,

Timsbury,

Romsey.

Hampshire.

SO51 0NG.

Telephone Number(s) :

01794 368303

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Me please, sorry not been around/on here but still trying to unpack etc will catch up soon.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Thanks for the replies re accommodation. I have just got in and done a quick net search on B&Bs around Romsey. Looks like there are some nice places not too expensive that are even closer to the fishery than the Travelodge and hopefully I will get a reply in the morning. A home cooked breakfast I think would be a better bet than the Little Chef.

Exactly the same feeling as me mate! Its a great place but I dont know if I will be up for it or be able to afford it this year.

You know what'll happen now don't you...2lb roach all round :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Sutton Scotney on the A34 is the nearest. There is a village up the road too with a pub that does decent food although not cheap.

So Seph are you coming down?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

So Seph are you coming down?

Tony

Tony,

Although very tempting, no, I won't be coming down. I am spending everything on my car at the minute. A days fishing at Timsbury with digs would be about the £100 mark. To me, at the minute that would be a set of door locks. I hope you enjoy the wind and rain, as this is usual for Timsbury is it not! ;) Besides I see Leon is going :D

Paul

Hi Tony, it's been a while since I last posted but couldn't miss this. Can you put me down for 2 places please.

Andy.

Good to see you posting again Andy, I wondered where you'd got to!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music