Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

Well done Anderoo, you know you'll enjoy it!

To be honest I'm really looking forward to it already. Plus I now have a proper waterproof one-piece suit, so I should be protected against the traditional Timsbury weather! Are you taking your fly rod again this year Steve? I might chuck mine in the car just in case, but I think it'll be a day of trotting for me.

Has anyone used corn to good effect there? I haven't tried it at the Test, but I did very well with it on the Itchen.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitely be taking my little fly rod - I felt the grayling I caught on the fly last year was more luck than judgement, so I want another crack at doing it properly! I'll probably revert to trotting once I've caught one though (or given up!).

Is anyone going who is willing to give me a quick lesson on Wallis casting please? I think it's one of those things you need to see in action before it makes any sense...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Is anyone going who is willing to give me a quick lesson on Wallis casting please? I think it's one of those things you need to see in action before it makes any sense...

I think Chavender's offered to take on the role of official birds nest creator. There'll be a few students, this has the makings of a classic comedy scene.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

i'll do my best too get you casting wallis or other wise depending on the weather we'll find someware too have a play .i'll be there with my AN pin and i'll be bringing a spare centrepin or two with me for those who fancies a go (or too use wilst others are tanglated) and i'll bring whatever floats i've got left by then .

i've a new rod and abu 706 to put through there paces ,along with my little red 1 (mini fred crouch reel) help my nephew catch his first grayling then after catching one or two for myself concentrate on the roach .well thats the plan anyways.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

To be honest I'm really looking forward to it already. Plus I now have a proper waterproof one-piece suit, so I should be protected against the traditional Timsbury weather! Are you taking your fly rod again this year Steve? I might chuck mine in the car just in case, but I think it'll be a day of trotting for me.

Has anyone used corn to good effect there? I haven't tried it at the Test, but I did very well with it on the Itchen.

I have used corn a few times and caught very well on it (both grayling and trout) indeed :):)

I have used corn a few times and caught very well on it (both grayling and trout) indeed :):)

I wish I was going, I aghven't been on the forum recently so missed all the messages. I might book myself in for a different day. I generally fish alone, but might feel like sharing a trip - anyone fancy joining me?

I've not been to Timsbury before, is it open to individual bookings or do you have to be 'special'.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I wish I was going, I aghven't been on the forum recently so missed all the messages. I might book myself in for a different day. I generally fish alone, but might feel like sharing a trip - anyone fancy joining me?

I've not been to Timsbury before, is it open to individual bookings or do you have to be 'special'.

On days when it's not fully booked, you can fish on an individual day ticket, but best to phone to avoid a wasted trip.

Tel: 07759 331385

01264 365165 / 07703 471312

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'll join you Mike, let me know what dates you have in mind. Whenever I've googled Timsbury I always get the fly fishing syndicate, I thought that Tony U had an arrangement whereby he was allocated 20 places annually.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I'll join you Mike, let me know what dates you have in mind. Whenever I've googled Timsbury I always get the fly fishing syndicate, I thought that Tony U had an arrangement whereby he was allocated 20 places annually.

I'll phone them to see what dates they have and then see if I can fit in with that. I'll let you know.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."