Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

Rusty that is extremely generous of you.A really appreciated offer but its more the diesel required to get my old Chelsea Tractor down there that's the issue! I will have to decline your kind offer but wont forget it. A true gent though thanks for offering. I hope that 3lb roach's sister is hungry that day as well!

Mind you just missing actually seeing fish like that in the flesh would be all most as bad as not catching one! I say it again "Dammed Timsbury"!!!

If you want to feel better about it, forget about the mythical 3lb roach and have a read of the report from the 2007 fish-in (the good stuff starts on page 14): http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Graylin...html&st=130

Brrr! I still can't shake the memories!

(A 3lb roach on the perfect mild, beautiful autumn day or a freezing, soaking day with numb fingers, hypothermia and the odd micro-grayling - which is more likely :lol: )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the odd micro-grayling - which is more likely :lol: )

:D

Is this the same Anderoo that will pore over Googlemap, consult land registry records and then stalk/bribe landowners until they give in and allow him access the unchartered rivers running through their back gardens?

More commitment man, every trot is a new session.

Mind you reading the weather reports of the 2007 event makes me wonder how any of you got there at all let alone fished. I thought last year was bad but it was nothing in coparison.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

:D

Is this the same Anderoo that will pore over Googlemap, consult land registry records and then stalk/bribe landowners until they give in and allow him access the unchartered rivers running through their back gardens?

More commitment man, every trot is a new session.

Mind you reading the weather reports of the 2007 event makes me wonder how any of you got there at all let alone fished. I thought last year was bad but it was nothing in coparison.

No, it can't be the same Anderoo, all my fishing (Wingham aside) is done on cheap club books! Literally all of it.

I've decided this time to not get any pre-concieved ideas. I'm going to go, have a look at the conditions, and fish accordingly. If that's roach weather, well...

I can't handle any more commitment, I just need to relax and have some fun :)

(Although I have had a quick look on Local Live, or Bing maps as it's now called. The bird's eye view is excellent, you can almost see the roach :D )

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

not bothered about the weather ,i'm staking claim to my favourite swims now ,the rest of you will have too find your own

timsburymanor.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

not bothered about the weather ,i'm staking claim to my favourite swims now ,the rest of you will have too find your own

[prepares the soap]

:P

For those of us that may stay over saturday, Travelodge are offering rooms from 6am tommorrow at £10 per night .

Just checked the site, rooms are rarer than a 2lb roach at Timsbury !!

Edited by KAYC

I've just been on their website - the rules indicate only barbless (no problem there) and no braids of any kind. I assume this is more to prevent the czech nymphing style of fishing which is deemed not fly fishing by many, but the rules suggest that this is for the coarse fishing as well. All my centrepins now have Fireline Crystal on them, actually dyneema but which I assume is included as braid, but can anyone with previous experience tell me whether this is allowed within the Timsbury rules or not?

If it's not allowed I'll have to get some more centrepins so I can load them with monofilament!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I've just been on their website - the rules indicate only barbless (no problem there) and no braids of any kind. I assume this is more to prevent the czech nymphing style of fishing which is deemed not fly fishing by many, but the rules suggest that this is for the coarse fishing as well. All my centrepins now have Fireline Crystal on them, actually dyneema but which I assume is included as braid, but can anyone with previous experience tell me whether this is allowed within the Timsbury rules or not?

If it's not allowed I'll have to get some more centrepins so I can load them with monofilament!

I'm afraid you'll need some new centrepins! No braid allowed.