Pepperami as bait

Norfolkdan

When using pepperami, do you find it floats? I tried using it as have heard great results on it, but don't like using pop-up baits.

So, does it float, or did I just buy a duff pack :rolleyes:

Dan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never used the stuff for bait "always gets eaten before I can get it near the water lol" I think it may float because of the fat content.

im sure there are some tricks to make it sink though

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

I've never actually looked to see if it floats, but I catch barbel on it, hair rigged to a size six usually, maybe the hook is enough to hold it down.

Originally posted by JK

quote:

"always gets eaten before I can get it near the water lol"

Take it out of the packet and roll it around on the ground a bit, that'll stop you eating it.

You could always chop it up and fry it first. This gets rid of most of the fat and also toughens it up against casting, small fish, etc.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

jedibond:

You could always chop it up and fry it first. This gets rid of most of the fat and also toughens it up against casting, small fish, etc.

Toughen it up?

You've never used Pepperami then Ian? :)

Plenty of times, if I fry it though I don't tend to eat it myself

:D:D:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I used slices of pepperami on size 10 hook, trying to catch tench on my last outing. The pepperami, if buoyant, was no match for the weight of the hook. Caught no tench, but a couple of carp instead.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

fry it to toughen it up? you might a well cut up your dockers and use that instead!pepperami doesnt float. Ive used it once or twice and never had much luck on the stuff so i eat it instead. use it straight out of the packet its tough enough. on a size 12 hair rig. barbless of course.