Wanna Catch a Grayling??

Chris Plumb

Calling all grayling virgins!!! I'm organising a grayling fish-in on the lovely River Test at Timsbury on 16th October and I've had a couple of dropouts. This is my 4th fish-in for ANMC members and many of the regulars (including Elton!) on this forum are coming. So why not come and join us.

The fishery is about 2 miles north of Romsey in Hampshire. Has 1½mile of the River Test proper plus two carriers of about ½mile each. Loads of grayling plus a good head of course fish including, roach, carp, pike. Trout of course are everywhere (and must be returned!). Barbless hooks only. Trotting or quivertipping, maggots, worm, bread, corn - usual river tactics!

The fishery only opened for coarse fishing on 1st October and we have it for our exclusive use on the 16th. Fishing 0900 - dusk.

Price 15quid a head plus a contribution to Cancer Research UK.

As I said I've got TWO places to fill. First come, first served. Please e-mail me OFF FORUM at: chrisandjaq@btopenworld.com if your interested in joining us next Saturday.

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have mail.

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

In the 30lb pike :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Spindle:

I thought you said this was a grayling fishery :D

It is - with 20lb+ carp and pike, 6lb+ chub, 3lb+ roach, 1lb+ dace as the 'by-catch'! (Ooooh forgot the perch and eels! - don't know how big they go!)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I look forward to putting a few faces to avatars come Saturday!

A bit 'off topic'

Elton expressed an interest in Bernard Venables resting place recently.

As Timsbury is not far 'downstream' any of you coming from the north (ish) may want to visit his grave (its about 1/2 hour north of Timsbury) at 'St Mary Bourne' (between Andover and Whitchurch)

see: http://www.breach-farm.co.uk

If any of you wish to visit later on Sat or possibly Sunday I may be able to 'guide' you.

The grave is easy to find: follow 'burial ground' signs through 'breach farm' and down track beside beanfield - Park in 'Chipped bark' turning circle, His grave is the first on the left in the row behind the 'Nature Reserve' sign - marked with a large slate boulder & inscription.

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.