umbrella advice

mike1234

i have bought several new bottom sections for my umbrella (the spikey bit that goes in the ground)

and they always end up bending or broken at the end of each season

does anyone out the make sturdy replacements that will last a rough handed angler a bit longer without jamming inside the umbrella or get dented by the fixing screw so much that they will no longer fit inside

i have asked in my local tackle shop and to be honest i didnt get much help, just shown the replacements i have already bought and some spare parts he had

cheers

mike

Hi Mike - Most bigger tackle shops should stock something called a "Power Spike", a heavy duty alternative to the standard item.

Alternatively, you should be able to use the bottom section of a Dinsmore PowerDrive bankstick, which is essentially the same thing.

Dinsmore actually produce an umbrella spike. It costs about 6 quid I think but it's well worth having. It's the difference between hammering that blunt-ended piece of useless rubbish into the ground, that never really finds stability or a screw in, reinforced, threaded pole that can take all but the worst hurricanes.

Just make sure you take your brolly into the tackle shop or you might just come away with the wrong spike.

....andy.....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

PS: the Dinsmore spike also slides up the inside of your exiting brolly and the locking nut holds it into place for storage.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

They do a solid brolly spike as well.Screw ins are good but they dont like rocky ground.

Yes, but mine sing songs and join in the party. Yours don't even say a word and they sneak around whispering. I'm telling you. Something just aint right. Promise me something.

"Don't take your eyes off those brolly spikes. Will you promise me?? Good luck brother...sob!"

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...