If you could join FACT as an individual, would you join?

trent.barbeler

wearyone:

How much for a life membership, chesters?

I would suggest the CA came into being to give the British Field Sports Society a more acceptable face. (or should that be mask)

Such vile - what's the word? - cynicism, Wearyone.

To halt the closure of rural post-offices, to campaign for affordable rural housing, for better services etc, surely...?

You have greatly disappointed and shocked me.

[ 25. February 2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

i would settle with the first year there may be nothing to join after that :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If FACT can (and does!) deliver the goods, I would certainly want to be a member. However does FACT realise that the number of other (angler related) organisations it will have to deal with successfully, will make or break the organisation.

BDAA have been working very hard at making it easier for disabled anglers to fish, and are now working with (and been recognised by) Sport England,English Federation of disability sports, thePAA and British Waterways, to name but a few.

I certainly hope that anglers from EVERY discipline embrace the new organisation, and the organisation reciprocates by even handed fair dealing in ALL disciplines.

Sorry to harp on but it is just that the BDAA have been there as when they started it was met with distrust, and only when it started 'delivering the goods' has it taken off.

I honestly believe that it is now the main organisation thats speaks for disabled anglers.

Let's hope that FACT can do the same thing

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Dear Kleinboet,

I received notification via the European Anglers Alliance this morning informing the loop that the BDAA new website is up and running. Roger has done a remarkable job and hearty congratulations to all involved for making the British Disabled Angling Association the great success it is. Hope I've pasted the link below properly. Go and have a look everyone.

http://www.bdaa.co.uk/

Theirs is a clear demonstration of what "can" be achieved in angling when shoulders are put against the wheel together.

Support the BDAA in any way you can because they offer so much to those that need its services.

Regards,

Lee.

It depends who was involved in the Organisation and operation of it.

There are certain "anglers" who only want to be involved when things are easy. Once the work side of the Organisation starts to begin they abandon ship and leave the mess for others to clear up.

Present company not excepted of course.

Graham

Graham, I can assure you that if people were not prepared to carry their weight in search of making BDAA a success, they were firmly and politely told to step aside.

Lee, BDAA has worked bl**dy hard to achieve what we have done so far, and, personally, I can see the results percolating through when I go to a "new" (to me!) angling water

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Graham. X:

Well.. fishing came millenia before foxhunting with hounds ever did, so I think that answers that question.

Fishing for food, perhaps!

Angling for sport? Who knows?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

Fishing for food, perhaps! Angling for sport? Who knows?

Angling - with rod, line and baited hook - goes back a L O N G way.

To quote my AnglersNet article on the history of angling:

"There is no archaeological record of when (fishing) rods were used first, although we do know that they were being employed by 2000 B.C. It was not until Roman times, however, that there were references to longer rods made into sections. The Roman writer Aelian even gave details of dressings for artificial flies used by the Macedonians when dapping for trout.

"Civilised man has long represented the sport of angling in art and literature. Figures fishing are depicted in Ancient Egyptian painting, and there are references to angling in the works of Homer and the Old Testament prophets. In the fourth century B.C., Chinese writings referred to fishing with a bamboo rod, a silk line, and a hook made from a needle and baited with cooked rice."

[ 27. February 2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Paul Boote:

Paul Boote:

I would suggest the CA came into being to give the British Field Sports Society a more acceptable face. (or should that be mask)

Such vile - what's the word? - cynicism, Wearyone.

To halt the closure of rural post-offices, to campaign for affordable rural housing, for better services etc, surely...?

You have greatly disappointed and shocked me.

Maybe Paul, but Wearyone is spot on!

As for the affordable rural housing carrot, :D:D:D:D:D . Yer actual country landowners are keen to sell their houses and land, to rich city folk and bugger the locals!