Did you fish Saturday?

Chris the Fish

From reading the wingham reports, and from my own experiences on the bank it seems that last Saturday was a real bum day for fishing (I know, im just trying to make excuses for my own inadequacies, but bear with me!)

Did anyone bag up?

I spent all morning literally watching tench swim at my feet, some of them were right clonkers but didn’t hook into a single one.

Was it the wind?

The cold night?

The air pressure?

Am I just a pants angler?

Am I talking out of my ring as you happened to bag up big time?

What do you think?

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

The 'Fishing Report' facility at Metcheck had Saturday down as a 'poor' day.

Also Sunday morning, but around lunch time things were set to improve (and I caught 5 perch in around 20 minutes) with things getting poorer as the afternoon progressed (it took me most of the afternoon to catch another 3) and going back to poor for the evening (no more fish caught by me).

Coincidence?

Probably

But I was impressed!

See: http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOBBIES/fishing.asp

"The weather affects your chance of a catch. Using algorithms based on cloud cover, precipitation, pressure chance and UV index, we can calculate whether fish are likely to reside at the surface or deeper water."

Tight Lines - leon

[ 14. June 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

leon, that metcheck thing is USUALLY too right to be a Coincidence, which is why I never look at it now lol as it puts on a downer already.

But if I have a crap day then I check to see if I can blame somthing other than myself =-p

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

quote:

leon, that metcheck thing is USUALLY too right to be a Coincidence, which is why I never look at it now lol as it puts on a downer already.
yep its spot on metcheck is i test it every time i go fishing. when it says good or best i bag up , average i catch a few and poor i get 1 or 2 there has nt been a time when this has nt happened. so as J.K says i dont look at it anymore either.

Was anyone else catching? If they were then you are a pants angler - poor choice of swim, method or bait.

I didn't fish Saturday or Sunday, but did fish the Mill Farm match pond on Friday evening for the first time this year. This turned out to be a poor choice as I only scratched together 4 small tench to 1lb and a 1½lb carp. The last hour before dark, normally the best time, was absolutely dead, so perhaps this was the start of the Saturday decline. [The reason for fishing the match pond was that one of the gravel pit regulars has started fishing it and had a 15lb+ carp on Thursday evening].

[ 15. June 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: WickerDave ]

I fished Kings Cross Grand Union Canal on Sunday with my son Jack (8).

I vow never to go there again!. Jack saw no action with maggot or worm on his rod, and each time I bought in my Carp rods they were tugging in plastic bags and all kids of rubbish.

The setting is nice but the canal needs a massive clear out and is a total disgrace. It angered me as I was pleased with the accuracy of my casting, only to find out each time I might have well been fishing a skip!

Roll on open season, Hampstead Heath here I come.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Friday night I had two bream on carp rigs!!!!!

That was it, no bubbles, crashing, bubbling or any fish topping.

On sunday me and the father in law took ny three year old daughter for an hour on the whip and we struggled for a bite.

Had a rudd, two tiny perch and five roach on single red maggot, 20 hook and 0.08mm bottom!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 15. June 2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!