Scales

Anderoo

hopefully in the short future you will be after 150lb ones !

thats not a bad price we paid half that for our 30lb? parcel scales

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have a Set of Reubens for the bigger stuff, but over the last 8 years have used Salter Electro Samson that weigh up to 55lbs in half ounces for smaller species.

As a records officer I had the scales checked every year and they have always checked out accurately!!

The Salter Electro Samson come with a weigh bar and you can't really use them without the bar.

Bob

Glad to hear they've been reliable! Thanks, Bob.

What's the battery life like?

Looking at the pictures on the web site it seems as though my 99lb model has a different weigh bar to the other 2 models. Mine is metal and is stored in the case. You have to attach it to a ring built-in to the scales by means of a crocodile clip. You could use the scales without the weigh bar by holding the crocodile clip, but for heavy fish I intend attaching the ring to a hook on a tripod.

Are yours the same, Bob?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Sorry, double post.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve

The battery life is fine, in 8 years I have changed the battery once in that time.

My Salter is the plastic one with plastic T bar.

And a picture of the spare set I bought, just in case the original scales got lost, damaged or broken, but they never have, so I keep these just in case !!

Bob

post-1161-0-95588100-1413955703_thumb.jpg

post-1161-0-24695500-1413956069_thumb.jpg

post-1161-0-17078800-1413960242_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobH
  • Like 1

Many thanks, Bob!

I've put a spare battery in my pouch just in case.

Like you I often buy a spare of good items as so many get discontinued. Sounds as though these scales might need some publicity. How about sending Elton a review?

Steve,

They are fairly bulky, but not too bad, I keep a set in my Knapsack and never think about them until they are needed, funny enough those are the only two pictures with the scales in shot !!

And I have weighed Carp up to mid 40lbs and Cats up to 50+ on them.

You can get an idea of the size of the scales from the shot of the Perch that weighed 4lbs 2ozs.

Bob

A very impressive perch indeed, Bob!

It looks as though your model is the same size as mine. I had it in my head that the 99lb model might be larger.

I'm just off to fish at Wingham, the first time for 4 months and only my 4th time this season. So here's hoping..........