which All round Kit

traineefisher

Hi Folks

Havent fished in years and never had my own kit.

I want to buy a kit that will give me an allr ound rod and reel and maybe some tackle for mainly fishing rudd roach breem very trout and on occassion carp.

Mostly slow flowing rivers and lakes will be fished.

As im new to it an all roound kit would be best for a budget of £65 - £75

Any help appreciated cheers

as long as your not going to be targeting the bigger carp you will probably pick up a decent match rod for around 30 to 40 quid a reel for around 20 and a landing net for about 12-15 quid,

possible to get most of what you need on that budget best ask around your local tackle shops a bit of haggling might get some floats and bits and bobs thrown in

float fishing with a nice light rod is probably the most enjoyable way of fishing

Twin-Top Avon. Covers a multitude of sins.

Do a search for a review of a Shakespeare Mentor I did a wee while ago....that might be right up your street.

That or a match rod but then you have limitattions.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

float fishing with a nice light rod is probably the most enjoyable way of fishing

That's very true Mike but it's now mid-October and the chap in question would probably have far more success with an outfit fished on the bottom.

You dig?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

That's very true Mike but it's now mid-October and the chap in question would probably have far more success with an outfit fished on the bottom.

You dig?

I was recently in the same situation, do what i am doing get a decent mid priced float rod approx £40, Daiwa, Shimano, ABU Esprit , Maver Abyss etc

Then get a twin top rod with quiver tip for feeder fishing and then use the avon top for light carp work with bite alarm

Basically two rods and you can fish many methods

And you can fish the bottom with a float but you are restricted to distance you can cast and if its really deep use a slider float or polaris float for depths greater than 12 ft approx

Plenty of good gear you can go for and alot can be caught on the humble float rod which is sadly hardly used by the growing numbers of new anglers in favour of beep beep rods !

Edited by Enter Sandman

That's all very true but the chap sounds like a novice and polaris floats, sliding rigs, bottom float rigs etc. might be a little over his head for the meantime.

Sorry Trainee if that's an assumption on my part.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

That's all very true but the chap sounds like a novice and polaris floats, sliding rigs, bottom float rigs etc. might be a little over his head for the meantime.

Sorry Trainee if that's an assumption on my part.

Yes you may be right Polaris and sliding rigs are not the easiest things to start with

I still think a good starting point is the waggler rod, learn from there