Cod, off the menu

barry luxton

Wurzel, et al ...

you are not completely non-compos mentis; but you must have seen 'some signs'.

Perhaps I should have told you to watch More4 tonight and see 'End of the Line' over and over!!!!

Blue Fins

Yellowfins

Hake

Halibut

Atlantic Salmon

Herring

Sturgeon

Nephrops

Soles

Plaice

... blah, blah .....

Newfoundlanders were 40k unemployed in '92 because of overfishing (doesn't matter by whom!).

Senagalese fishermen are swarming to Europe because their 3 mile limit has been invaded by Spaniards and Frenchies.

You lot cannot deny the lack of soles and plaice off Suffolk/Essex beaches.

Even with your 'friendly' leetle tangles/gillers and trammels, eh?

Look, mate, don't ask ME to comment on 'bad press' for industrialised fishing.

Keep up to speed, OK?

The scrappage fund should apply to all registered fishing boats; get a nice taxi and a proper job.

<_<

And stop stirring up yer bottom!

I could not watch End of The Line, I would be so wound up I would not sleep for a week.

One day it will be proved that over fishing had nothing much to do with what happened to the Newfounderlanders in 92 or at any other time when the cod fishing collapsed as it did so several times in the past 500 years.

Must be plenty of fish of the Senegalese coast if it can support French and Spanish boats.

I can very much deny the lack of soles of the Suffolk and Essex coast we've had as good a season as any.

Not aware of any problem with the plaice stock other than it seems to have moved north a bit where boats are having record catches.

It seems industrial fish stocks are also in good health with boats having no trouble catching their large quotas.

What Scappage fund?

It's you Ha along with the likes of Charles bloody Cover that need to keep up to speed and either come up with some creditable evidence or shut up.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's you Ha along with the likes of Charles bloody Cover that need to keep up to speed and either come up with some creditable evidence or shut up.

This is the normal, blinkered reply of a commercial fisherman.

Get yer head outa the sand.

<_<

Guest challenge
How daft can you get one of the crew on one of the local pair team who himself posted on his facebook that they had lost a 1000 box haul how the hell this slaughter of juvenile fish is still allowed to happen beggers beliefe a box to the north of whitby was closed last month dureing the herring spawn period because of what happened last year as i understand it one of the local skippers has requested to the ministry to close down the area where recently the mass slaughter of juvenile fish has been takeing place he knows the killing of so small and undersized codling cannot now be tollorated these fish grow fast and it would be his winter fishing that man is conservation minded we know everybody has to make a living but its madness this practice must stop.

paul.

I OK.

This is the normal, blinkered reply of a commercial fisherman.

Get yer head outa the sand.

<_<

Fair enough Ha.

When anglers are embroiled into the CFP and the AT agrees and endorses all the stupid regulations in the name of conservation of so called endangered fish stocks, with a mind set similar to yours they will have little choice but to agree, it will make no difference if you are a member or not as they are now the spokespersons for recreational anglers in the UK and when the EU commission suggests that fish stocks are so over fished that anglers catches are now hindering their recovery the AT will agree with them, after all they have watched and read "End of The Line" so it must be true, "within 50 years there will be nothing but jelly fish left" comes to mind.

Already anglers representatives are claiming little victories and saying they got the best deal available for anglers, don't forget us commercials have already been down this road, the whole system runs on bull $h** and because it's you that got your head stuck in the sand you can't see it.

Good luck, Wurzel.

The Peugot 406 is a good workhorse.

B)

If I ever experience this over fishing you keep harping on about I might take your advice Ha but until then I'll stick to my V8 CAT and 18 tons of fibre glass.

If I ever experience this over fishing you keep harping on about I might take your advice Ha but until then I'll stick to my V8 CAT and 18 tons of fibre glass.

I'm amazed you managed to shoehorn that into your little van, Wurzel, but it does explain why you can do that Shotley road at about 150mph :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hello Ha

I was referring to the Whitby pub talk.

What bad press and recent figures are you referring to?

Its not pub talk Peter, it came from the skippers facebook homepage. The quote about the second episode comes from a t-total Scarborough commercial who witnessed the event.

Its not pub talk Peter, it came from the skippers facebook homepage. The quote about the second episode comes from a t-total Scarborough commercial who witnessed the event.

Glen are you sure its not pub talk all the truths over the years which were totally denyed on here whats been reported on this site ie 1000 box a day landings in whitby in the late 90ss which did immense damge to the local cod fisherie off whitby by the 90ft boats from peterhead have all been pub talk you dont get 1000 box days its not possible but it is possible and allway has been but whats worse in this cernario is most of it is undersized codling and othere small fish which feed on the herring spawn and now its anounced anglers on boats have to carry log boats we are scape goats for the total desruction of fish stocks over the last 30 years .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg