First post

HerbalMonkey

Hi all, just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I am fairly new to fishing and have recently got completely hooked. I was catching tiny fish until yesterday when I accidentally hooked a pike - it must've been about 4 lbs. I hadn't even got my landing net out, I literally just lobbed my bait in cos I saw a few small Roach and all of a sudden bam... It scared the life outta me so I pulled it out by grabbing the line just above it's mouth and managed to get the hook out. It was a surprise that I won't forget. It didn't even bite through my 7lb line without a trace... ROFL.

:) so yeah, hi all.

Welcome to Angler's Net.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Why not post the question in the Coarse section? You'll get lots of good answers there but not many members spend time looking in this section for questions to answer.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks very much. :)

I think I might try ledger fishing but the line on my reel is really twisted right now so it wouldn't work right? (wouldn't feel the bite).

Sorry for being a newbie.

if its really twisted i would advise taking it all off, and untwisting it. As soon as you get what i call a crossover twist (were the line gets under the spool) you'll begin to have some troubles with your reel, this could cause you to loose another pike!

No matter what type of fishing, twisted line isn't good for it