Making Firefox Remember Passwords

Elton

I've got Firefox set to remember passwords, but it never asks me to. How can I force it to start remembering them, please?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Looking around, quite a few people have experienced this (it may be something to do with Avast, I don't know) and are changing browsers. Seems that Firefox's honeymoon period is over.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I can't answer your question specifically, but are you sure you aren't missing it when it asks you if you want to save a password?

It comes up as a narrow bar underneath all the gubbins across the top and clears itself after not too long if you don't answer it. (I'm also using Avast).

version 3 ? the password manager is very selective on some sites ,talk on the forums but no patches

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I can't answer your question specifically, but are you sure you aren't missing it when it asks you if you want to save a password?

It comes up as a narrow bar underneath all the gubbins across the top and clears itself after not too long if you don't answer it. (I'm also using Avast).

Yeah - it used to come up, but has stopped :(

mine too,could be something with new ver 3.5

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

I've managed to import my old ones now, which is a major help.

This latest version has been a major PITA. Even on my old machine, it freaked out after the last upgrade for sites where I have a separate password for different areas of the site. It kept changing them and the only way to get out of it was to actually delete them for that site :(

mine too,could be something with new ver 3.5

I'm on 3.5.2 but have deliberately not gone up to 3.5.3 yet. I get a bit ticked off getting the latest version only to find that none of the add-ons will work, and this time I managed to remember that before I downloaded the latest version, I may just wait a bit longer now. B)

i have ver 3.5.3 and so far its playing havoc and annoying something funny

i go to shutdown and get an error box and the annoying chime noise

didnt do that before and i keep my system in check so its either mozzila or those damn windows patches recently

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Mmm must be the UK ISP's? I'm on 3:5:2 And have been since day one!? I use FF almost exclusively and ditched the ordinary password thing ages ago due to A. same thing and B. Because i then lost ALL my passwords! (Like I just lost ALL my email addresses due to bloody Google being so bloody pedantic!) BUT I switched to "Sxipper" an FF add on and aprt from a small glitch or two with updates it is ok!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))