annoying things about fishing

carpkid123

have you ever gone fishing and left your camra or phone ?

well i went fishing on this golf course close to my house its only small but full of carp tench pearch roach zandas ghost carp mirror carp crucian carp rud all sorts but there is only 2 barble and i was out for them goining for my first one i tried loads but never got one then gave up then i went one time caught a lovly mirror carp and felt quite proud .

then i was sitting there not paying attention to my other rod then in the corner of my eye i could see it getting massive bites it was a barble i knew that stright away by the fighte it gave me there all muscle and full of energy about 10 mins later after i landed it it hit me ..... i forgot my phone it was a stunning little fish i was devostated :unsure:

if you have any storys like that quote away please look forward to reading them :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have any storys like that quote away please look forward to reading them :D

Everything about fishing is annoying :D

You go Carp fishing you catch Bream.

You go Bream fishing and you catch Roach.

You plan to floater fish on the top, it pours down with rain. Obviously you dont have a brolley with you.

You only bring your ledger gear, its boiling and the fish are on the top.

You go Roach fishing and Pike keep biting you off.

You go Pike fishing and they are no where to be seen.

You plan to fish your favourite swim, it's taken.

You see other people catching from the swim you always blank in.

You pack up at the end of the day, the whole lake starts to boil with fish.

You hook a big Tuna and Shark and Baracuda munch them.

You forget to tighten your bait box and get maggots in your lunch.

You run out of cigarettes even though you have never finished one, as every time you light one a 1" Roach takes your bait.

You put your drink down for a second and its full of wasps and creepy crawlies

Fishing is so annoying, but I love it :D

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

The really annoying thing about the stillwaters near me is,

You go fishing for roach......you catch carp.

You go fishing for perch....you catch carp.

You go fishing for bream....you catch carp.

You go fishing for rudd......you catch carp.

You go fishing for carp....you even catch carp. :angry:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The really annoying thing about the stillwaters near me is,

You go fishing for roach......you catch carp.

You go fishing for perch....you catch carp.

You go fishing for bream....you catch carp.

You go fishing for rudd......you catch carp.

You go fishing for carp....you even catch carp. :angry:

John.

lol

Dogfish?

Not having a decent dictionary at hand?

Otters eating all of the cormorants?

B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Dog ****, carp anglers who think its there god given right to cast anywhere they like and last but not least pompous self righteous committee types who sit in judgment but are really a waste of space...sorry I don't want to sound all Victor Meldrew I'll get me coat :)

Smashing your rig or worse getting a huge birds nest tangle in a rig from getting it caught around something on your seatbox..... makes my blood boil!!

The term "any good" used by nosey anglers who know that I am doing very well and simply want to know what I am doing differently to them!!

Perch swallowing the hook so bloody deep it is easier to get the hook out the other end!!

Floating casters!!

Dropping or spilling a tub of bait!!

Snagging!!

Bream slime!!

Not alot really then haha!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

please rate annoying things about fishing

Hi carpkid,there are plenty of annoying things about fishing,the ones you mention however are self inflicted ones,forgetting a camera for example.Don't get me wrong,i've done things like that myself,forgetting bait,forgetting a lighter for my stove,forgetting a cup for my brew and worst of all forgetting my rods(yes,i did actually do this once when i travelled down to the river Great Ouse only to find my rod bag full of empty tubes) but the most annoying ones are the ones that are out of your control.For instance,i can sit on a toilet for ages before i go fishing and nothing happens but as soon as i've cast my first cast i more often than not 'need to go'.This normally happens when i'm fishing a wide open space,with people walking about and not a toilet for miles,inevitably i have to pack my gear up rapid and search for a bog..something you would not notice in every day life as you would just go.

Another thing i find annoying about fishing is litter left by other anglers,i see litter every day on the streets etc.and don't really give it a second thought but when i'm fishing i find it really annoying,if theres not too much for me to handle however,i will pick it up and dispose of it myself.

For me though the most annoying thing about fishing is nuisance species,namely,bream.I've just come back from an 8 day fishing trip,2 nights on the river Trent for barbel,4 nights on a carp lake in France and 2 nights on a carp water in Belgium..On each of these waters i was plagued by bream,not big bream,2 or 3 pounders and no matter how big i made the hookbaits(double 18mm boilies at some point)i still got plagued by the horrible slimey things.

Don't get me wrong,if i was fishing on a river with a feeder for any species i would be quite happy to catch them but when i have strategically placed a bait for a big carp in a place that i can't replicate in the middle of the night,only for a bream to take it,well that's very annoying but it won't stop me from fishing.

The thing you have to remember is that when you go fishing there will be things that annoy you,things that in normal everyday life you wouldn't give a second thought,,and that is just a part of fishing that we all deal with.

On a lighter note here's a fish that beat the bream to the bait for a change ;)

018-2.jpg