annoying things about fishing

carpkid123

Well, where to start :rolleyes:

Guess the main things are the usual:

Cheats (anyone that ingnores the fishery rules and basic ettiq ettyk yeticet common decency

Litter

Dog eggs

Cyclists that think a footpath is a racing circuit :angry:

That will do for now

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most annoying things I find about trotting is line getting wrapped around the rod tip, especially when I’m wading. It usually happens just after I’ve landed a decent fish and waded back to the swim. I plop the float in the water full of anticipation for the next trot and find I have to trudge back to the bank to untangle the line (braid doesn’t seem to respond well to the rod twirling method).

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

the thing thats annoying me most is everytime i go fishing on a thursday, the main day i can get out.

there is an old man who always seems to arrive about an hour after me, and always sets up in a swim not to far away from mine, and answers his mobile phone every few minutes with a booming voice telling his wife how many fish he as caught (or hasnt due to shouting at the top of his voice to his wife on the phone or his mate in the next swim).

i have seen him the past 4 or 5 times i have been out on 2 different waters, hopefully the cold weather setting in will either kill him off or put him off leaving the house

I do find it annoying when every magazine in Tesco's has 'carp' on its cover! There are other fish in the world!

Then there is the small matter of AT freebies with the cost of P&P being very greatly overinflated!

Des Taylor.

Poor fish handling and pathetic bite indication.

Litter.

I do find it annoying when every magazine in Tesco's has 'carp' on its cover! There are other fish in the world!

Then there is the small matter of AT freebies with the cost of P&P being very greatly overinflated!

Des Taylor.

Poor fish handling and pathetic bite indication.

Litter.

I sent sae to angling times for a two hour dvd on coarse fishing,when it arrived it had free please take one printed on the cover,obviously an over production of a promotional dvd for tackle shops to give away,and it was the most boreing I had seen,I threw it straight in the bin <_<

I can't believe we're on page 2 and no-one has mentioned the WEATHER!

It's always wrong. Or, worse, it looks like being perfect and then changes right at the last minute and scuppers all your plans. A nice example of this was my most recent perch session, a couple of weeks ago. We were promised a load of rain mid-week, which would have meant that the stream would be a perfect colour and fining down at the weekend - ideal conditions. The rain didn't come. We went anyway, pinning all our hopes on dusk. All morning it was thick, heavy cloud, drizzle and mild - perfect! As soon as we got there at 3pm the sun broke out and it turned back into summer. No more cloud, far too bright, and the perch had fed so hard in the morning that they were absolutely stuffed by tea time and were just slobbing in front of the TV :rolleyes:

(Although, as you can see, it does provide the ultimate excuse for constant blanking!)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi carpkid,there are plenty of annoying things about fishing,the ones you mention however are self inflicted ones,forgetting a camera for example.Don't get me wrong,i've done things like that myself,forgetting bait,forgetting a lighter for my stove,forgetting a cup for my brew and worst of all forgetting my rods(yes,i did actually do this once when i travelled down to the river Great Ouse only to find my rod bag full of empty tubes) but the most annoying ones are the ones that are out of your control.For instance,i can sit on a toilet for ages before i go fishing and nothing happens but as soon as i've cast my first cast i more often than not 'need to go'.This normally happens when i'm fishing a wide open space,with people walking about and not a toilet for miles,inevitably i have to pack my gear up rapid and search for a bog..something you would not notice in every day life as you would just go.

Another thing i find annoying about fishing is litter left by other anglers,i see litter every day on the streets etc.and don't really give it a second thought but when i'm fishing i find it really annoying,if theres not too much for me to handle however,i will pick it up and dispose of it myself.

For me though the most annoying thing about fishing is nuisance species,namely,bream.I've just come back from an 8 day fishing trip,2 nights on the river Trent for barbel,4 nights on a carp lake in France and 2 nights on a carp water in Belgium..On each of these waters i was plagued by bream,not big bream,2 or 3 pounders and no matter how big i made the hookbaits(double 18mm boilies at some point)i still got plagued by the horrible slimey things.

Don't get me wrong,if i was fishing on a river with a feeder for any species i would be quite happy to catch them but when i have strategically placed a bait for a big carp in a place that i can't replicate in the middle of the night,only for a bream to take it,well that's very annoying but it won't stop me from fishing.

The thing you have to remember is that when you go fishing there will be things that annoy you,things that in normal everyday life you wouldn't give a second thought,,and that is just a part of fishing that we all deal with.

On a lighter note here's a fish that beat the bream to the bait for a change ;)

018-2.jpg

now thats a fish i would love to catch how long did it take to land and how heavy m8 ow and congrats:)

I can't believe we're on page 2 and no-one has mentioned the WEATHER!

It's always wrong. Or, worse, it looks like being perfect and then changes right at the last minute and scuppers all your plans. A nice example of this was my most recent perch session, a couple of weeks ago. We were promised a load of rain mid-week, which would have meant that the stream would be a perfect colour and fining down at the weekend - ideal conditions. The rain didn't come. We went anyway, pinning all our hopes on dusk. All morning it was thick, heavy cloud, drizzle and mild - perfect! As soon as we got there at 3pm the sun broke out and it turned back into summer. No more cloud, far too bright, and the perch had fed so hard in the morning that they were absolutely stuffed by tea time and were just slobbing in front of the TV :rolleyes:

(Although, as you can see, it does provide the ultimate excuse for constant blanking!)

Ahh, proverbial excuses from Mr G P Buddy QC :-

"Sometimes too early, sometimes too late,

Sometimes too small, sometimes in spate,

Sometimes too windy, sometimes too calm,

Sometimes too frosty, sometimes too warm,

Sometimes too dirty, sometimes too clear,

There's aye something wanting, when I'm fishing here."

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig