Polarised glasses, are they worth it?

HerbalMonkey

I always use a pair as it takes the glare out of your eyes even on cloudy days.

Makes watching a float or tip so much easier.

They also prevent you getting a headache which you dont really want during a five hour winter league match when bites are few and far between.

A missed bite could cost you the section or even the match.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I always leave a pair in the car. Not only are they handy for fishing, but they're also great when you get caught out on days when the sun is right in your face. I bet most motorists leave theirs at home once summer's over.

Whereas I ALWAYS have a spare pair in my fishing coat! :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Yes...... rush out and get any polarised lens glasses you can afford.

The lighter coloured ones are more useful, you can see at low light levels.

Get the wrap around ones and then only polarised light enters your eye... then you really get an advantage.

The water clarity determines the quality of image, but you certainly see movement, outlines etc

I have an expensive pair in a case clipped to the tackle bag, but I carry spares as well.

I have a pair that fit over my prescription glasses (not clip ons).

"Muddlin' along"

Well after my bout of headaches (see '4 eyes) thread, I was given a set of anti-glare specs, which aren't quite the same thing but they definitely allow me to stare at the water, because my actual vision is pretty good and having fished for trout for years I've got the 'staring 'through' the surface thing down to a tea.

Mind you, I do still have a pair of Abu smoked Polaroids.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I have an expensive pair in a case clipped to the tackle bag, but I carry spares as well.

I have a pair that fit over my prescription glasses (not clip ons).

Cacoons by any chance?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Thanks a lot for all of your input, I will definitely be getting some. I might try them Costco ones! See if my parents can pick me some up as they love shopping there! Maybe they can even get me some fresh fish there for dinner so I haven't gotta go crazy trying to stop myself eating the fish I catch.

Catch and release guys, catch and release. ;)

Catch and release guys, catch and release. ;)

Don't you bl@@dy start! B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!