Am I racist?

The Flying Tench

My brother in law is married to an Egyptian Lady. My sister in law is married to a Pakistani Muslim. I avoid the discussions in family circles.

I find that I cannot have a discussion around the trends in this country towards mass immigration without any view I may hold being branded "Racist".

I come at this from a different perspective. I firmly believe that the worlds over-population is the cause of almost every ill we currently suffer. I know we cannot continue to grow at the same rate as we have in the past as this will rapidly use up the planets resources and add to the ever growing Global Warming. I believe we should be aiming for a falling population in this and in every other country on the Planet.

As soon as you put forward this idea you are branded a back door racist as you are only finding another excuse to prevent peoples of other ethnicities from moving into this country.

Being a Scot I understand the pressures on any indigenous population to want to move to better itself. Look at the numbers we sent to Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia over the years. Unfortunately the enormous explosion of people on this planet has made this an unsustainable prospect for the future. The planets resources will not allow us to travel in the future and food and water will become a major issue for many. I fail to see how raising our population to the projected 70million will help our population to deal with the coming problems.

More people = More food, water, energy and greenhouse gasses.

I notice my illustrious leader, Mr Salmond is pushing for even more immigrants to come to Scotland. Typical short term thinking from the Poilitical idiots running the world!

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no interest in foreigners i have respected them by keeping out of their countries / ghettos, i expect them in return to keep away from mine.

i have no problem with them doing what they do over "there" i have a problem with over "there" telling me what to do over here.

if all foreigners disappeared to-morrow the world would be a better place ,i regard anyone living more than ten miles away a foreigner ;)

no racism (or is it colour prejudice) Or common sense, what so ever intended

Now that's better :rolleyes:

i blame the brits ,we invented mass transit systems which are unfortunately not one way (i would use the Australian system at once) ,nature intends foreigners to mate with their own types (if they didn't we wouldn't have foreigners today) or die by the million because of over population and laziness.

if we get involved housing them or feeding them its un natural.now the west has started looking after foreigners their historical ways of looking after themselves has been lost ,why bother with irrigation when a sack of grain is dropped off a lorry free!

if the now 3rd world could be the source of civilisation ,irrigate huge tracts of land and feed their people 6 thousand years ago (putting us to shame in our mud huts) why cant they now?

water was transported hundreds of miles food for thousands but now all has been forgotten ,on purpose perhaps but just plain old mismanagement and lazyness.why do we have to go out and advise them and fund it when it was "invented " out there???

i expect the same old blinkered people will pipe up with "global warming" bloody toss!! the biggest change was ten thousand years before industry and 4x4's were invented

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Now that's better :rolleyes:

glad to oblige but my point is valid when housing our new friends takes a town the size of an empty Peterborough every year ;)

if we had border controls your "kids" wouldnt be finding buying or renting a home all but impossible :rolleyes:

when we flood spain we buy our ghettos the spanish certainly wouldnt pay for us to do it remember that :angry:

try going to north africa and demanding money and a home ,youl get a different response i will promise you

foreigners should remain in foreign countries i have no need of integrating with any of them ,if you have the need fund and house them in your home ,i dont go over there demanding this or that i do not want them doing it here ,if they dont like it stay away.

they (foreigners) complain their system (or religion) punishes them (you need an excuse to come here) yet the first thing they try to do is impart the very same thing on us by insisting we bring their rubbish into our system ,ridiculous

when a village is run (believe me no-one stands up to them) by a bunch of foreigners as tilford is then i can only presume its country wide .

flout planning laws and you know it will be approved retrospectively just because your foreign and demanding your kids are treated differently to non foreign ones and a mass of other anti social things have a blind eye turned to are just the top of the pile ,after all we cannot upset them can we.

i didnt pop of to pakistan and cause the grief they have so why the fook should they do it here ,oh you know! its because we let them get away with it pakistan would behead the lot of them for half of what they stir up here!

the human rights act (which foreigners seem to use to get their demands once they reach this soil) is bloody foreign! get my drift!

i do have a problem with foreigners i admit it! mainly because when they are over here the balance switches over to their side and they are treated with more priority than us ethnics ,try being homeless for a while and asking (just as they do) to be housed and prepare for a fight ,they are guaranteed a roof over their head and a full belly by legislation! we are not

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Emma almost had it right about South Africa. The Zulus had been living in South Africa at least as long as the Maori in NZ or the Aborigine in Australia. Buy the time the British came and took the country by force ( the Zulu war)they had split into more ethnic groups.

This whole country is racist! Every statement made about this country has racial connotations.

We have a BLACK policemans union (try and start a white one!), we bend over to appease immigrants at the cost of our own culture.

Emma spoke about South Africa (according to everyone a racist, pariah country).

They had solved the different culture problems with no hassles - the Jews had their holidays, the hindu's theirs, the chinese theirs, the indigenous blacks theirs and rthe Christians theirs!

All that happened was that the religions Not celebrarting stood in for those who were!!

I may be racist, but I believe in equality, if someone can do the job better than others, be they whatever culture or gender, they will get the job! Never mind women only lists - we want the best!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

John - I believe that the core of racism is unfairly disadvantaging an individual because of false preconceptions you have about his race. I really can't imagine you behaving like that.

Taking the view that it would be better if people joining our society learnt to speak, read and write English, did not form enclaves and integrated more with the rest of the community is not racist, in my opinion [but...].

Taking the view that the population density in some parts of the UK is now so high that it adversely affects the quality of life and the environment there, and that it would be better if population growth by immigration were restricted is not racist, in my opinion.

The difficulty with the debate is that some people who just don't like people from other races tend to garnish their hatred with valid concerns, which muddies the waters and creates this risk of being called a racist for raising the issues.

[but...] it's worth remembering that there are some areas of the UK with a distinctly Jewish character and population - and 75 years ago, Oswald Mosley and his thugs were holding provocative marches through them. In another 75 years, will Bradford be as integrated as Golders Green?

Emma almost had it right about South Africa. The Zulus had been living in South Africa at least as long as the Maori in NZ or the Aborigine in Australia. Buy the time the British came and took the country by force ( the Zulu war)they had split into more ethnic groups.

I thought the Khoikhoi (a.k.a. Hottentots, but that's non PC now?) were the original people of southern Africa, and they were overwhelmed by invading Zulus (Bantu) from the north?

So it's pretty hard to pin down who's native and who ain't.

My own surname is Baron and that side of the family comes from the Borough/Bermondsey region of London. It's a pretty fair chance our lot descended from cheese-eating surrender monkeys ... er, I mean French Huguenot refugees from just over the river. So the salt-of-the-earth Bermondsey Barons are basically a load of foreigners :)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

If I were Spanish, and I discovered that swathes of some of the best beach resorts had been taken over by Brits who didn't bother to learn Spanish but kept together in ex-pat communities I'd be concerned and angry. I'd say 'we welcome visitors, but if you can't be bothered to learn our language and become part of our community, why are you here?'

If I were a Zimbabwean 30 years ago and I knew that most of the farms were owned by white Europeans, with little chance of the local people getting a slice of the cake, I'd have wanted to do something about it.

If I were from Bermuda and I knew that most of the expensive hotels and the best beaches were owned by wealthy foreigners, and the local people were excluded, I'd want to do something about it.

In the second and third cases colour wouldn't be the fundamental issue, but it would make the fact that they were foreigners, or of different origin, more obvious. I hope I would handle things better than Mugabe, but it doesn't alter the fact that I would think 'This country belongs to the people who have lived here for generations.' If I were a white Zimbabwean, even if I was second or third generation, I think I would feel, to an extent, that I was a guest. If I were an Afrikaaner in South Africa it might be different, as I think I am right in saying they have been in S Africa hundreds of years, possibly as long as the black people.

The problem in my view about discussions on race and immigration in UK is that as soon as someone starts to explore the difficult areas people shout 'racist'. So any suggestion that there might be a problem if huge numbers of immigrants colonise an area of London or Bradford with a different culture and way of life cannot be talked about. All cultures are supposedly equally British.

I want to acknowledge that all the different immigrants that come to UK contribute to our culture, but I also want to say that white anglo-saxon culture is where our deepest roots lie.

Is that racist?

Are you rascist John? Only you can answer that.

Nothing in your post indicates that you are, but then, it depends on how you define rascism, and looking at some of the other posts there are those who define themselves as rascist without knowing what that means.

Rascist believe that race accounts for differences in human character and ability, and usually that there own race is superior to others based on this belief.

It can also be defined as an irrational dislike or disrespect of people of different race or sometimes religion.

I doesn't have much to do with immigration or foreigners coming into our country, or indeed, us going into theirs.

This means that you can dislike immigration based on the problems that it causes, rather than your dislike of the skin colour or race of the immigrants. One is not rascist, the other is.

A white rascist moron, with a single figure IQ would believe himself morally and intellectually superior to a black professor of Nuclear Physics. (I would cite the average member of the BNP)

The hypocrisy starts when the same white moron is perfectly happy for the foreign heart surgeon, working for the NHS, to use his skill and ability to save his baby daughter, or the black player in the football team he supports, scores the winning goal in the cup final.

This, of course, also works in reverse.

Disliking this has nothing to do with being PC (another phrase often used on here and not often understood by the user.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I'm not sure the point was literally that, rather that in small areas, one group can effectively displace the original ethnic group. That's probably a natural behaviour on some parts but it would be perhaps be seen as less divisive and more all embracing if people moved into areas as individuals and not make up larger groups.

Rob.

They were Kens words, not mine Rob, that's why I used them.

The British, and if you want to be picky, probably more accurately, the English are the undisputed champions of colonisation and swamping others cultures, so it's in some ways, our just desserts if people now feel this is happening to us. I, as I've said many times before think immigration is ultimately a good thing, and it's inevitable that immigrants will want to stick together in their new home. I watched a program yesterday morning with a piece on the ghettoisation of certain areas of university towns and cities by students, it focussed on the Headingly area of Leeds and convincingly made the point that students bring absolutely nothing to an area, you'd struggle to say the same about areas ghettoised by immigrant communities.