NEW 2010 JRC STI-X Lite Bivvy

Mr Bones

For anyone thinking about this one DONT!!!! :angry:

I really thought I had a bargain but this bivvy has turned out to be a complete waste of time :cry:

The overall concept is great, the material is great, the pegs (STI-X Lite Pegs) are brilliant, it's quick and easy to erect and fold away. That's the good points :victory:

The poles however, are a complete waste of time. First off the elastic in one snapped even before it had been erected. After being left outside for a day (in moderate to light winds) the rear support came apart shortly followed by the pole connectors. If all that doesn't make sense then don't worry just take my advice and stay well clear of the JRC STI-X Lite Bivvy it just isn't up to the job. I'm no bivvy expert, but then you don't need to be when you see one fall apart in front of you :thumbdown: This ones going back for a refund :bye2:

Now where did I see those Chub ones? :D

"And the Lord said to John, 'Come forth and you shall receive eternal life.' But John came fifth and won a toaster."

I really thought I had a bargain but this bivvy has turned out to be a complete waste of time :cry:

The overall concept is great, the material is great, the pegs (STI-X Lite Pegs) are brilliant, it's quick and easy to erect and fold away. That's the good points :victory:

The poles however, are a complete waste of time. First off the elastic in one snapped even before it had been erected. After being left outside for a day (in moderate to light winds) the rear support came apart shortly followed by the pole connectors. If all that doesn't make sense then don't worry just take my advice and stay well clear of the JRC STI-X Lite Bivvy it just isn't up to the job. I'm no bivvy expert, but then you don't need to be when you see one fall apart in front of you :thumbdown: This ones going back for a refund :bye2:

Interesting, it looks really good and JRC are normally very trustworthy. The Trakker A-Lite is a good alternative, but you do need the wrap as well if you want a front door :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

JRC!!! Not what they used to be, have an STI brolly which I love. However it is now leaking, not via seams but through the material, it drips in even the slightest rain in about four places. Been used about 20 maybe 25 days but no over nighters and is a bit over a year old. Contacted JRC via the Pure Fishing team - after chasing I had a response passed from JRC via Pure fishing to go and by some Fabsil and don't put it away wet. Not much else or even any concern expressed about it leaking. I never put a brolly or bivvy away wet, this was drummed in to us from the early Nash days. Not sure what's going on with them but other manufactures seem to care about customers.

In view of the problems you had, maybe it's time to be careful with JRC, not sure I would buy JRC again.

GP

Hi

JRC!!! Not what they used to be, have an STI brolly which I love. However it is now leaking, not via seams but through the material, it drips in even the slightest rain in about four places. Been used about 20 maybe 25 days but no over nighters and is a bit over a year old. Contacted JRC via the Pure Fishing team - after chasing I had a response passed from JRC via Pure fishing to go and by some Fabsil and don't put it away wet. Not much else or even any concern expressed about it leaking. I never put a brolly or bivvy away wet, this was drummed in to us from the early Nash days. Not sure what's going on with them but other manufactures seem to care about customers.

In view of the problems you had, maybe it's time to be careful with JRC, not sure I would buy JRC again.

GP

If it's leaking through the material give it a good coat of Thompson's water seal (the stuff they advertise for coating brickwork) it will re-proof the nylon perfectly. All nylon brollies and bivvies need a coat of re-proofer every now and then.

Tim