MCZ Proposals

Leon Roskilly

How tedious, the usual doom-mongers not reading or understanding the posts and determined to throw away any angler's 'rights' by refusing to get involved and supporting their own sport/pastime.

Oh well my glass is still full and if nobody else can be bothered I'll just hook up with the anglers and skippers on the local sea area that I fish that is being proposed as a conservation zone by some divers and a supermarket. They've had their say We'll have ours. It could be a lot easier if all concerned got together and did something about it but no, as usual apathy rules UK.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone finds other anglers thoughts, concerns or posts tedious, then the easy answer is not to read anything that might disagree with their own thoughts or ideas

I might or might not agree with anything or nothing that other anglers post but at least they have a point of view and are able to exercise their own mind in expressing any thoughts they have so in that respect I'll read all posts, tedious or not

If anyone finds other anglers thoughts, concerns or posts tedious, then the easy answer is not to read anything that might disagree with their own thoughts or ideas

I might or might not agree with anything or nothing that other anglers post but at least they have a point of view and are able to exercise their own mind in expressing any thoughts they have so in that respect I'll read all posts, tedious or not

Obviously that's rather difficult to know until you've read it though is it not?

The constant " it's going to be banned because a diver/supermarket/treehugger says so" argument is not just tedious it shows a distinct lack of interest in doing anything to protect angling.

The divers have had their say let's have ours. Why so much doom and gloom and back-biting because of the suggestion?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Heres something I posted yesterday I think on this very topic the bold being a response in agreement with Leon

QUOTE (Leon Roskilly @ Nov 10 2009, 01:03 PM)

It's there where you can question the case for any particular proposal, or put forward your own ideas to be considered by everyone involved in the decision-making.

And if you don't, others certainly will. " end quote ( L R)

That much is certainly true, you can ignore the consultation if you don't like the process but you'll have absolutley no influence over the outcome

Edited by Brian Carragher

Heres something I posted yesterday I think on this very topic the bold being a response in agreement with Leon

QUOTE (Leon Roskilly @ Nov 10 2009, 01:03 PM)

It's there where you can question the case for any particular proposal, or put forward your own ideas to be considered by everyone involved in the decision-making.

And if you don't, others certainly will. " end quote ( L R)

That much is certainly true, you can ignore the consultation if you don't like the process but you'll have absolutley no influence over the outcome

As did I,

I can see it now, anglers sitting and moaning and saying nothing to those who count. As they aren't seen as interested stakeholders restrictive legislation may be imposed!

Elton, you have a website, an audience of thousands (including people in the know on this subject) and and all the available information to present a cohesive argument for retention of angling 'rights'. Instead of arguing about it why don't all the interested parties sheath their swords, look at the proposals, discuss potential issues and present a petition/letter to the stakeholder's representatives?

I'll help.

The constant referral to the MCS proposals as if they are cut and dried and that angling is going to be banned is frustrating however.

A good example of how consultation works is the recent proposals on the banning of taking coarse fish. The majority of anglers wanted to support the ban, a number of anglers who wished to use livebaits or eat the occasional fish made representation and, the proposals have been changed to allow for certain sizes and species of fish to be taken. Not set in stone yet but a move forwards.

I don't know what plastic anglers are though?

How tedious, the usual doom-mongers not reading or understanding the posts and determined to throw away any angler's 'rights' by refusing to get involved and supporting their own sport/pastime.

Oh well my glass is still full and if nobody else can be bothered I'll just hook up with the anglers and skippers on the local sea area that I fish that is being proposed as a conservation zone by some divers and a supermarket. They've had their say We'll have ours. It could be a lot easier if all concerned got together and did something about it but no, as usual apathy rules UK.

Wow. I had you down as a few things, Worms, but I arrogant wasn't one of them - until now.

With an attitude like that, you should have been a sea angling misrepresentative. Making wild and innacurate assumptions, calling realists doom mongers, and labelling everyone who doesn't agree with you as apathetic, are straight out of the misrepresentatives book of excuses for getting things wrong.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Wow. I had you down as a few things, Worms, but I arrogant wasn't one of them - until now.

With an attitude like that, you should have been a sea angling misrepresentative. Making wild and innacurate assumptions, calling realists doom mongers, and labelling everyone who doesn't agree with you as apathetic, are straight out of the misrepresentatives book of excuses for getting things wrong.

It wasn't meant as arrogance. It was made in frustration, my apologies if you took offence.

Why are people arguing the toss but not getting together to try and put the anglers' side to the people that count.

As I said earlier this forum is the perfect vehicle for collating information that will give the angler the best chance of retaining angling 'rights'.

Are you, or is anyone else on the forum ready to get together and give it a go?

Steve - that meeting you took the day off work for on the 25th; you still going?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It wasn't meant as arrogance. It was made in frustration, my apologies if you took offence.

Why are people arguing the toss but not getting together to try and put the anglers' side to the people that count.

As I said earlier this forum is the perfect vehicle for collating information that will give the angler the best chance of retaining angling 'rights'.

Are you, or is anyone else on the forum ready to get together and give it a go?

That's what I mean,Worms. You just assume that no one is doing anything. People are entitled to moan if they are unhappy about something. That doesn't mean that they just sit on their arses while doing so, though. As a matter of fact, I would rather have a moaner than an appeaser any day of the week. It means they actually give a f*ck.

I'm doing my bit, Worms. I always have.

Steve - that meeting you took the day off work for on the 25th; you still going?

Yes, of course I'm still going.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.