Is it time?

kleinboet

It's quite easy really - we are NOT a multicultural society! We are a society which (Since you mentioned it, like South Africa) will bend over backwards for the minority at the cost to the majority!

Look at the Sikh that received damages for being asked to remove his turban (why DID he join the police force if he could not use riot gear), the schoolgirls that claimed damages because they were told not to wear the burka as they could not identify individuals when they are wearing it.

Compare that with a nurse that was suspended for wearing a cross which was 3cmx2cm or the fact that the red CROSS won't celebrate Christmas for fear of "upsetting" the minority non christians (even though they replied in writing that they DIDN'T mind)

Multicultural? I don't think so!!

Our society is made up of many cultures that live together and interact with one another in a variety of ways, sometimes sucessfully and sometimes not, as such I would have thought that because of this the best description of it would be multicutural.

The girl who sued her school for the right to wear a religious dress was wearing a jilbab (which does not cover the face) not a burqa (personally I would ban the wearing of any religious articles in schools be they muslim, sikh, christian or whatever)

As has been pointed out the nurse was stopped from wearing a pendant due to risk of cross infection/contamination not because it offended anyone.

I do not know about the police officer but personlly I have seen quite a few wearing turbans so in the midlands anyway sikh police officers seem to be able to wear one. I still can't see what this has to do with ceasing aid to Africa though.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
You turncoat Pip! It's not so long ago you were sticking up for the insane old goat! With friends like you :rolleyes: ....

No turncoat at all. I've never sympathised with his views, I just didn't like your petty name calling.

Thing is, I was right, he's racist, insane and an oaf, and you're, oh, what was it again?

And he still won't answer legitimate questions based on his original (I've just moved the goal)post!

The frequency with which KB posts potentially inflammatory racist posts and then the resultant irate responses which invariably end in a closed thread annoy me. This is a forumfor discussion. If a single poster constantly has threads closed should that not be looked into by the mods?

I agree that freedom of speech should be allowed by all, even the BNP, but to allow the constant irrelevant responses and the constant lack of answers to well intentioned questions (based on the original posters claims) should be taken into account by the mods.

Just my opinion of course!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I have not moved the goalposts - The TITLE gives it away IS IT TIME?

Will you guys read the posts BEFORE you try and tear it to pieces!!

By the way Snakey1 - if they banned pendants - what about wedding rings? they could also, theoretically, cause cross-infection!! If the cricifix was the size of a medallion, I would understand!

And in any case, if they were so bothered with cross-infection, why don't they stop the nurses wearing their uniforms when they go shopping, travelling on the bus etc.

That sort of talk just does not add up!

Oh and Jeepster - try and prove me being a racist - I know you aren't, theres no MONEY in it

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

K.B. just for once could it be you in the wrong and not "EVERYBODY ELSE" ?

nah guess not! <_<

By the way Snakey1 - if they banned pendants - what about wedding rings? they could also, theoretically, cause cross-infection!! If the cricifix was the size of a medallion, I would understand!

And in any case, if they were so bothered with cross-infection, why don't they stop the nurses wearing their uniforms when they go shopping, travelling on the bus etc.

That sort of talk just does not add up!

Oh and Jeepster - try and prove me being a racist - I know you aren't, theres no MONEY in it

Everybody has read the posts that's why everybody is accusing you of being a racist and moving the goalposts,

It doesn't need Jeepster to prove it. Jeepster and everybody else have just read your posts. Hence the outrage. ergo YOU ARE A RACIST.

If you hate it so much here in the UK why don't you move to a country that suits your political/religious/racist views that also supports your social requirements and still allows you the freedom of (vitriolic) speech............no, funny I can't think of anywhere either........but I can think of many suitable places that might close your posts a little sooner.......permanently!

Oh, by the way KB, any chance of answering my last questions on UK funding for various African countries?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

]So, in other words, if a group decide that a person is racist - "ERGO - THEY ARE RACIST"Show me One posting (not taken out of context) that I have posted that is racist!!

I DON'T SEE GREY - I SEE BLACK AND WHITE!! I don't care what race or colour the perpetrator of a wrong is - he is guilty! If that makes me a racist then there is a hellofalot of us around.

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

So, in other words, if a group decide that a person is racist - [ERGO-THEY ARE RACIST!![/size]"]s

Show me One posting (not taken out of context) that I have posted that is racist!!

I DON'T SEE GREY - I SEE BLACK AND WHITE!! I don't care what race or colour the perpetrator of a wrong is - he is guilty! If that makes me a racist then there is a hellofalot of us around.

If a group of people decide that somebody alse is racist based on the continuous stream of posts based on non-english people claiming the same benefits etc. as yourself then yes, I would class you as racist. You are guilty of doing what you criticise other people (foreigners) of doing, ergo you are racist. To add insult to injury you quote figures from the BNP. Rumour has it that they might be racist as well. " I don't see grey I see black and white" no sh1t!

To return to your original (repeated ad nauseam) topic, you still haven't answered the questions about the source of your spurious UK aid claims to various African countries!

Now stop moving the goalposts and answer the question please, IT IS TIME.

The royal college of nursing states

"Staff should not wear jewellery (note plain wedding bands are acceptable); fingernails should be

short and free of nail varnish (false nails are unacceptable) and hair should be worn neatly in a

style that does not require frequent re-adjustment (Pratt et al., 2007). It is the responsibility of

individual organisations to determine a local definition of what constitutes ‘jewellery’ and what is

acceptable, taking into account religious, cultural and infection control needs."

and

"The wearing of rings is known to be associated with higher numbers of bacteria on

the hands and can affect the effectiveness of hand hygiene techniques (Salisbury,

1997). This effect is pronounced if stoned or multiple rings are worn. The wearing of

plain wedding rings is considered acceptable, and staff should be encouraged to

manipulate rings during hand washing to ensure the skin under the rings is cleaned."

Of course the use of gloves could negate some of the risk of cross contamination some thing that would not be easily possible with a necklace or pendant (without shrinkwrapping it) cleaning a necklace or pendant to remove bacteria would also be more far more difficult than cleaning a plain wedding band (something that can be done every time a nurse washes their hands).

Ignoring the risk of cross contamination for a minute a necklace or pendant would also produce a risk for a nurse having to work with a drunk, possibly violent patient or perhaps a mentally unstable one as it would allow for something that someone could grab onto in an attempt to choke said nursing individual, a plain wedding band does not have this risk.

I'm afraid i don't know the regulations on nurses wearing their uniform off duty but I'm sure someone on here can illuminate us upon it.