Is it time?

kleinboet

I'm afraid i don't know the regulations on nurses wearing their uniform off duty but I'm sure someone on here can illuminate us upon it.

On a lighter note............I believe it should be compulsory :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a lighter note............I believe it should be compulsory :D

I have to agree with you there :spiteful:

I still haven't managed to obtain an answer as to what it has to do with stopping aid to africa though perhaps I never will :wacko: .

Edited by snakey1

I still haven't managed to obtain an answer as to what it has to do with stopping aid to africa though perhaps I never will :wacko: .

Perhaps this is the plan, Less money to Africa would mean we could have proper nurses in hospitals like this

nursenhs.jpg

With special uniforms to go out to the shops, on the bus etc, like this,

new_nurse_uniform.jpg

They could be issued with big crucifixes like this,

damn-crucifix-poster.jpg

NHS Invalid mobility technology could be upgraded

pony-girl.jpg

There would be money for special housing for those cheeky Serbs (and pot smokers, cheeky kids, PC people, black Police association members, The PM and anyone one else KB doesn’t like).

Concentration-Camps-300x212.jpg

Without aid there could be alternative employment opportunities for black Africans.

slaves.jpg

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Snakey, that little piece of information sounds like it could have come from a manial. However the risk of wearing rings while working in a hospital IMHO are as great as wearing a crucifix. I am sure that you have or know someone that has caught their wedding ring on something, causing great pain and, sometimes, medical intervention. Please feel free to come back on the wearing of uniforms as that would have to be the main cause of any cross contamination or even the introduction of bacteria to the wards.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Snakey, that little piece of information sounds like it could have come from a manial. .

It was cited 'The royal college of nursing

Is there any structure, agency or indeed any aspect of life in our country that you are not wholly dissatisfied with?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Snakey, that little piece of information sounds like it could have come from a manial. However the risk of wearing rings while working in a hospital IMHO are as great as wearing a crucifix. I am sure that you have or know someone that has caught their wedding ring on something, causing great pain and, sometimes, medical intervention. Please feel free to come back on the wearing of uniforms as that would have to be the main cause of any cross contamination or even the introduction of bacteria to the wards.

KB that information did come from a manual or to be exact this leaflet issued by the Royal College of Nursing. the added piece on the risk of a nursing member of staff being grabbed or choked by a pendant or necklace I added myself just as an after thought as it seemed a distinct possibility (I've never heard of anyone being grabbed or choked by their wedding ring though there is a slim possibilty it could get caught on say bedding etc).

If you read said linked file it does mention the wearing of uniforms outside of work and suggests that wherever possible this doesn't occur however it also states "Studies show that uniforms may become contaminated by potentially disease-causing

bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium difficile, and glycopeptideresistant

enterococci (GRE). Although it has been suggested that uniforms act as a

reservoir or vector for transmission of infection in hospitals, no evidence is currently

available linking the transmission of bacteria to patients (Wilson et al., 2007).

Although studies investigating nurses’ uniforms have identified that contamination

occurs, it is estimated that one-third of the organisms present originated from the

actual wearer themselves as a result of their normal bacterial skin flora being in

contact with the uniform (Wilson et al., 2007). "

I don't suppose you've worked out what this has to do with your inital post yet do you KB ? If so you wouldn't like to let us in on it would you as I'm dying to know.

Edited by snakey1

.... the added piece on the risk of a nursing member of staff being grabbed or choked by a pendant or necklace I added myself just as an after thought as it seemed a distinct possibility

Quite right too. A few years back I was working with 'difficult' teenagers. Staff were eventually banned from wearing necklaces, pendants, earrings etc for exactly this reason. Body piercings in general became a tricky issue, as the rules were new and some piercings (so I'm told) are hard to live without once they're installed.

I don't suppose you've worked out what this has to do with your inital post yet do you KB ? If so you wouldn't like to let us in on it would you as I'm dying to know.

I was wondering that. Has KB addressed the blatant mistakes in his original post, or is escalating the noise his way of avoiding that issue?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.