Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

a friday or monday would be nice ,i might be able too swing one of them ,and be able too go .

I'd be up for it. Fridays are a good day for me and those grayling and chub sound tempting...

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think that the IAC still existed. Where does it live now?

Where its always lived! This is now my 12th year on the listserve - met some good anglers through it and introduced to some great fishing. I now think of it as a bunch of mates - one of our number once likened us to the Last of the Summer Wine of anglers! However we do get to do some fishing and one or other of us is forever organising fish-ins. This year alone there's been trips to the Trent/Itchen/Ebro/Blue Pool plus a sea trip and there's current talk of doing a grayling trip to scotland next year....Website has fallen into disuse a bit of late...http://www.ukfishingworld.com/ but the list is as active as ever!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I'd be up for that. I've only been to the Itchen once before, and it made a lasting impression. I'd love to have a day there before the end of the season.

Tis a captivating river - I've had a couple of trips a year to LIF for over a decade - one of my very favourite venues - much prefer it to Timsbury....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

A week day would work for me. I did phone back after this thread was posted with the same result, a promise of a return call which never came. Mind you the lady I spoke to had just spilt coffee over the PC and I think all of the bookings were on the machine.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

How about one on a week day then? anyone up for it? I will be gutted if we cant have at least one day on it this season especially as I fore went Timsbury for it!

I be up for it at any time of the week

Go on start the ball rolling! And put me down as well

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I can do a week day :thumbs:

lyn

I can do a weekday too, I'd be up for it. In fact I would regard myself as a definite. :thumbs:

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."