Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

fishery rules are nobody on the river before 9am however I have spoken to Lyndsey and explained that we come from all corners and she is allowing us on from 8am please respect this. No worms or brandlings and we have been asked to keep to the path along the river and keep clear of the soft stuff ! really looking forward to this now :D

No Worms? It's too far for him anyway! I bought 300 brandlings the other day for this trip. Dammit.

Anyone want any worms!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC is now saying dry and sunny until Sunday - and then heavy rain, decreasing temperatures and a NE breeze on Monday :angry:

Better remember the brolly and cheesepaste...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The BBC is now saying dry and sunny until Sunday - and then heavy rain, decreasing temperatures and a NE breeze on Monday :angry:

Better remember the brolly and cheesepaste...

Sodding typical. Take a day off to get some long overdue trotting for socking great grayling and the devil does it on my eiderdown once more. 11cm of rain is forecast for Sunday on Metcheck, so that will be even worse. The river will be up before we even get there!

My usual glass half-full, optimistic attitiude has left me!

Legering it is then.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Sodding typical. Take a day off to get some long overdue trotting for socking great grayling and the devil does it on my eiderdown once more. 11cm of rain is forecast for Sunday on Metcheck, so that will be even worse. The river will be up before we even get there!

My usual glass half-full, optimistic attitiude has left me!

Legering it is then.

Use an open ended feeder, fill with maggots and block the ends with your favoured groundbait, use a long hooklength (2-3') and stick half a dozen maggots on a size 10 and you may well see grayling! You can still use a 'pin as well.

Oh, by the way, it's not that it's too far but I managed to miss the posts on it somehow and I'm never quite sure where I'm going to be work-wise so long in advance.......oh well, maybe another one!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Use an open ended feeder, fill with maggots and block the ends with your favoured groundbait, use a long hooklength (2-3') and stick half a dozen maggots on a size 10 and you may well see grayling! You can still use a 'pin as well.

Oh, by the way, it's not that it's too far but I managed to miss the posts on it somehow and I'm never quite sure where I'm going to be work-wise so long in advance.......oh well, maybe another one!

That blooin Mr Plumb character is going on Satruday I believe? the day before the rain. No doubt his tales of all things enormous grayling, roach and whatever will grace this forum before we go and catch two small chub and an eel each.

I`ll make a call tomorrow and find out.

I spoke to Lyndsey this morning and we are able to fish the syndicate coarse stretch.

Mike, no point in worrying about the weather until we get there. Even then I won't be turning around to come home if it's horrible.......ledgering for Grayling? Pah!

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I spoke to Lyndsey this morning and we are able to fish the syndicate coarse stretch.

Mike, no point in worrying about the weather until we get there. Even then I won't be turning around to come home if it's horrible.......ledgering for Grayling? Pah!

Worth keeping an eye on this weather site...

http://www.winchesterweather.org.uk/ - will show rainfall totals just upstream.

2 years ago when we went at this time there had been heavy overnight rain and the river looked hopeless - so much so that I started the day ledgering - unheard of for me!!! I quickly changed back to the float when my mate Merv had a 2lber almost immediately - just upstream - and on the float. I went on to get amongst the fish trotting too - not as prolific as it can be - but it taught me that I can cathc trotting in coloured water. Another thing the water colour dropped out quite quickly too - was much clearer at the end of the day than when we arrived.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

If you do leger for the ladies (you uncouth rascals) watch out for deep hooking.

Can one of you Newbury types let Mr Plumb's tyres down on Friday please? Just so there's a few uncaught fish when we are there :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If you do leger for the ladies (you uncouth rascals) watch out for deep hooking.

Can one of you Newbury types let Mr Plumb's tyres down on Friday please? Just so there's a few uncaught fish when we are there :rolleyes:

Yup ledgering for grayling is for Cads and Bounders of the lowest order!:D And I am agin it on the deep hooking grounds too. I'm getting a lift with Paul tomorrow - Brekkie at the Little Chef on the A 34 Sutton Scotney - as per usual! Can't wait!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog