Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

A superb fish that any one of us could be justifiably proud of. I visited the fishery 4 days later than the fish in and can honestly say you all were extremely unlucky to have that day. Most of our group had reasonable catches although some resorted to using the feeder. I was stubbornly trotting as that is what I went for and got psyched up over and could boast at the end of the day to have banked 9 grayling though the best was a 14 inch fish unweighed plus 2 good trout and a fine chub of 4lb 3oz. I had a follow and a short connection from a salmon when reeling in a bit of corn! I hope all that went and have never been before could at least see the huge potential and will have a more rewarding day next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very belated report and thank-you to our organiser and all the smiling, polite people I met.

After scraping snow off the car and then picking up Anderoo outside Oxford, we journey on along the A34 through the snow fall with much thoughts of '"another interesting fish-in awaits us......."

The fishing was harder than expected, especially after last years' fish-in reports, but looking back I am very glad I went - a good chuckle, great company and oh so, so much better than spending a day at work........

Edited by goosequill

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries