Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember worm being banned last time, because of the salmon?

Good point, I can imagine that being the case.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

OK - this will whet the appetite - lifted straight off the CEMEX forum!! :rolleyes:

Fished LIF on Saturday (13th Feb) and had a good day. Gave up counting, but had probably 30 -40 grayling. Nothing massive, beest going 1lb 9oz, but good fun.

Had the obligatory half dozen salmon parr and a nice 2lb sea trout. Must have lost at least 20 grayling though.

Keep on the move until you find the fish, and even if you do move on, dont ignore it later in the day, as they will be moving all about again.

Height and clarity is pretty much spot on at the moment so you should bag up.

Heard of a few big roach coming out from the bottom end as well in the last week or so, including a healthy handful of 2lb+ fish.

Umm I know where I'm going to spend the last couple of hours on Friday!!!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

OK - this will whet the appetite - lifted straight off the CEMEX forum!! :rolleyes:

Fished LIF on Saturday (13th Feb) and had a good day. Gave up counting, but had probably 30 -40 grayling. Nothing massive, beest going 1lb 9oz, but good fun.

Had the obligatory half dozen salmon parr and a nice 2lb sea trout. Must have lost at least 20 grayling though.

Keep on the move until you find the fish, and even if you do move on, dont ignore it later in the day, as they will be moving all about again.

Height and clarity is pretty much spot on at the moment so you should bag up.

Heard of a few big roach coming out from the bottom end as well in the last week or so, including a healthy handful of 2lb+ fish.

Umm I know where I'm going to spend the last couple of hours on Friday!!!

C.

OMG - I might just pop with excitement now!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

OMG - I might just pop with excitement now!

Yeah - I've often heard of big roach - but never seen one first hand - in over a decade of fishing LIF. The lower reaches are the most likely spots for them - I had some bonus dace of around ¾lb a few years ago from that stretch - never to be seen of again so can quite believe the odd redfin might be in residence.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I don't think I saw your name on the list Mike.

Look again dear Rusty. Look again!

I bet yer checked :D

I didn't actually, but nice try!

Incidentally while we are all on the subject, of who's going, I'm a little concerned that by us all going in different cars, we are creating a carbon footprint bigger than the Lower Itchen itself . I appreciate the convenience of driving oneself, and the fear that you may want to stay longer/leave earlier than your car sharing partner, but is it possible for some of us to share cars?

I am in Reading.

I didn't actually, but nice try!

Incidentally while we are all on the subject, of who's going, I'm a little concerned that by us all going in different cars, we are creating a carbon footprint bigger than the Lower Itchen itself . I appreciate the convenience of driving oneself, and the fear that you may want to stay longer/leave earlier than your car sharing partner, but is it possible for some of us to share cars?

I am in Reading.

Steve and I will be travelling down in my Fiesta (ideal car for off-roading). Steve's idea............and I work for the renewable energy company building windfarms :rolleyes:

It's never a 'six', let's put it back