Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

Thanks for the pointers, Chris and Budgie. It's a shame I haven't been able to get a good feel for using braid before the fish-in, but the last few weeks have been real gruellers. I guess I will just have to make a decision on the day, depending on how clear the water is, and scale up/down as necessary.

If it's belting down with rain I'll probably be hiding under a brolly quivertipping for chub and roach anyway :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weatherwise, METCHECK has changed again. It looked wetter than a haddcoks cod piece yesterday, rain forecast most of the week. Now it only forecasts rain for Thursday.

It's lovely in London today. I'm feeling perked up and excited again.

Following the thread above, I don't have any 5SSG loafers, in fact I've no floats heavier than a 2.5SSG. I'll have to get some pronto. I was thinking of something in the region of a 4AAA Avon, and less!

I agree that a 1.7lb bottom is too light, 3lb and above, I would say. I was planning a 4lb bottom to 6lb Fireline for trotting. 4lb Fireline if Im feeling brave, as Fireline has a higher breaking strain than stated.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

fishery rules are nobody on the river before 9am however I have spoken to Lyndsey and explained that we come from all corners and she is allowing us on from 8am please respect this. No worms or brandlings and we have been asked to keep to the path along the river and keep clear of the soft stuff ! really looking forward to this now :D

fishery rules are nobody on the river before 9am however I have spoken to Lyndsey and explained that we come from all corners and she is allowing us on from 8am please respect this. No worms or brandlings and we have been asked to keep to the path along the river and keep clear of the soft stuff ! really looking forward to this now :D

This may have been covered already but do we have access to the whole stretch?

Rich

I don't think it does - in fast water the fish don't have long to make up there minds. I'd be very nervous fishing that light - escpecially with the chance of a decent chub or the grayling of a lifetime - but then again its what I'm used to!!

Don't like the look of all the rain on the south coast yesterday - hope we don't get too much (or any!) more.

C.

I tend to agree but no way am I going to change a winning stratagy! Mind you if ever I hook one of the Itchen carp I may wish I was on a heavier set up!

Same as though I hope we dont get much more rain over the next few days!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

This may have been covered already but do we have access to the whole stretch?

Rich

Good point Rich,weve always been allowed to fish the Coarse Syndicate strech in previous years whats the score this time KAYC?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good point Rich,weve always been allowed to fish the Coarse Syndicate strech in previous years whats the score this time KAYC?

I`ll make a call tomorrow and find out.

I've only fished the itchen once before and we all met in i think a Tesco's Cafe are we doing the same or just arriving add hock at the venue this time?

The year I went we met at Asda in Eastleigh for a cheap and dirty breakfast. A nice greasy fry up would be just the job I reckon!

Rich