Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

Yup ledgering for grayling is for Cads and Bounders of the lowest order!:D And I am agin it on the deep hooking grounds too. I'm getting a lift with Paul tomorrow - Brekkie at the Little Chef on the A 34 Sutton Scotney - as per usual! Can't wait!

C.

Referring to a thread a while back regarding vibrating barbel bites and, if you are a cad and a bounder. If you do feed/leger and get a barbel "vibrating" bite, hit it immediately!

When I was a cad and a bounder (teenager) all such bites when struck, hooked and landed were grayling!

I must be very lucky or, very skilfull (no sorry, definitely the former :rolleyes: ) but I have never deep-hooked a grayling!. Perhaps I'm just used to fishing rivers with grayling but I strike at the slightest float/rod tip movement when I'm fishing in such areas. They seem to me to be highly skilled in removing the bait from your hook in a billionth of a second!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only legered for them once, at the Test when I was really after the roach. Deep hooking was a real problem. In fact of every single fish I caught that day*, 100% of them were deep hooked.

* 1 grayling :rolleyes:

Good luck tomorrow Chris, I'm looking forward to the report!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Brekkie at the Little Chef on the A 34 Sutton Scotney - as per usual! Can't wait!

Don't worry Anderoo - I'll get the tyres while he's having his fry up. It's a fair walk from there, that should at least slow him down. By then the 'special' breakfast that I asked the chef to cook for him will have kicked in. :D

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Don't worry Anderoo - I'll get the tyres while he's having his fry up. It's a fair walk from there, that should at least slow him down. By then the 'special' breakfast that I asked the chef to cook for him will have kicked in. :D

Good man! We must unite against this darstardly character B)

If possible, stick all those brandlings in his bag and phone the baliffs ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Umm - now who's not on my list for a PM with the location of the hotspots! :P

C.

Oh no! The jokes gone too far!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Yup ledgering for grayling is for Cads and Bounders of the lowest order!:D And I am agin it on the deep hooking grounds too. I'm getting a lift with Paul tomorrow - Brekkie at the Little Chef on the A 34 Sutton Scotney - as per usual! Can't wait!

C.

Good luck, don't empty it for us ;-)

Will

Edited by Will Wilkinson

Good luck, don't empty it for us ;-)

Will, my waders have sprung a leak so if you get another float stuck in a tree you're on your own I'm afraid. See you Monday.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Will, my waders have sprung a leak so if you get another float stuck in a tree you're on your own I'm afraid. See you Monday.

Are these the same waders that you were advising me to buy as good a cheap purchase?