Lower Itchen Fishery Fish In

Dick Dastardly

Are these the same waders that you were advising me to buy as good a cheap purchase?

Yes they're the ones, they lasted a year and were superb until they leaked :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How frustrating, sitting here looking out of the office window on a beautiful sunny day knowing that C Plumb has probably bagged 20 Grayling already (including a PB) along with a couple of 2lb Roach.

Hmmmmmf! :cry:

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

How frustrating, sitting here looking out of the office window on a beautiful sunny day knowing that C Plumb has probably bagged 20 Grayling already (including a PB) along with a couple of 2lb Roach.

Your obviously not in London today - it's grumpy weather here. Dull, and uninteresting. Not even particularly cold. However, you're justa ssuming that the weather is nice in Hampshire -it may be throwig it down, Chris may have fallen in, broken both his beloved 15ft Harrisons, and punctured his waders. :D Nah, you're right - 30 grayling by now. :rolleyes:

I just checked, no significant rain in Hampshire, that bides well for the river, unless it all comes down on Sunday, in which case it won't.

A seal coming up the riover mist have been a shock though! What an experience that must have been!

I liked the look of his Fox quiver - I'll look into that. Not his of course, I'll get my own!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Your obviously not in London today - it's grumpy weather here. Dull, and uninteresting. Not even particularly cold. However, you're justa ssuming that the weather is nice in Hampshire -it may be throwig it down, Chris may have fallen in, broken both his beloved 15ft Harrisons, and punctured his waders. :D Nah, you're right - 30 grayling by now. :rolleyes:

I just checked, no significant rain in Hampshire, that bides well for the river, unless it all comes down on Sunday, in which case it won't.

A seal coming up the riover mist have been a shock though! What an experience that must have been!

I liked the look of his Fox quiver - I'll look into that. Not his of course, I'll get my own!

The sun has come out in London now the weather is not so grumpy.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

It's a lovely day here in Oxford, but yesterday evening/night was horrible, lots of rain and snow. Still heavy rain forecast for Southampton Airport on Monday...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hmmmmmf! :cry:

I wish - :rolleyes: Was a bit of a grueller! River was tanking through and quite coloured very 'sub-optimal' conditions for grayling. I started with a Rainbow trout my first ( hopefully last) ever from the Itchen and quickly followed it by a 2¾ lb chub and a 1.12 grayling - good, business as usual thinks I. 4 hours later and I've had 2 small grayling to this total - sigh! After lunch I move into a swim where 2 other anglers reported losing/bumping good fish and through sheer patience and belief that there are fish in the swim I eventually get a bite resulting in the solitary 2lber of the day. Spent the last couple of hours up on the carrier and get the 4lb chub, the 1.15 lady and some smaller fish.

8 of us fished it (4 cried off because of snow in the Midlands) and the most grayling caught was 11 by Merv. Most caught fish in the 1½lb bracket but apart from Paul's best of the day at 1.14 didn't hear of any others close to 2. A few chub showing - Paul had fish of 4¼ & 3½ and Geoff had a ¾lb roach.

It was tough going - if we get no more rain you should find the river in a more benign mood when you go!

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog