2. 2. alternate lighting IE not dependant on utilities

• yes
    • no
    • for an extended period ,over a week for instance
  3. 3. alternative cooking IE not dependant on utilities

• yes
    • no
    • for an extended period ,over a week for instance

Woefull I'm afraid. Despite moving out of the city, I don't even have a barbie yet.

I did prety much decide that at some point I'll lay in a good suply of bottled water and dry food but I've not had chance to do it yet nor set up things like contingency lighting.

I really should because as the good people of Cumbria show all to well, you never can tell.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps sods law pops up and if you are prepared you will never use it ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

buggers ,well now someone else is prepared :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

buggers ,well now someone else is prepared :D

Not half! They took a 2" petrol-driven water pump at the same time(still in the box!).

Perhaps they came from Cumbria and had a premonition.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Not half! They took a 2" petrol-driven water pump at the same time(still in the box!).

Perhaps they came from Cumbria and had a premonition.

probably not :rolleyes: i would be looking behind me in cumbria theres more upland bogs than lowland ones and with all this rain land slides are on the cards wink.gif

my old boss had a 5kv one ,he tried several but he wanted not only to have his lights but a kettle boiling at the same time ,boy did it drink fuel :o

it was kept in an outhouse so i rigged up a remote for it so it could be started from indoors .

He was pretty forward thinking on his boat as well i had fun fitting an american night scope (big thing then) on his .5" (metric inch?) machine gun so he could shoot at pirates :D they lived more in chinese waters then perhaps they now have set up a subsidiary in the indies :D

tip keep a torch in a specific place (we have several dotted about but the most handy is one that sits in the hall ) its a bit pointless having a torch in a powercut then not being able to find it.

you can get some that plug in the mains and come on automatically in a power cut, weve had a couple but the rechargeable batteries die after a year or so so now we just have ordinary ones .the 6D maglite in the hall is our baseball bat as well ;)

now i'v given up smoking that source of light has gone ,well into a drawer just incase i start again :D

Edited by chesters1

probably not :rolleyes:

my old boss had a 5kv one ,he tried several but he wanted not only to have his lights but a kettle boiling at the same time ,boy did it drink fuel :o

Mine was supposed to use about a litre an hr, but I hadn't had chance to check. It had only done about 20 hrs, just ready for the first oil change.

I'm picking another one up tomorrow.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

blimey ,insurance? or deep pocket :o

thought about a small one just for charging but not worth it for the "just in case" scenario ,fitted a split charger to the car instead :D

heavily frowned apon on campsites so it would have limited use ,if one turned up cheap enough at a boot fair i would probably entertain the thought

Edited by chesters1

I mostlly exist in the dark anyway, since I cannot abide bright light anymore, so a bit of dark won't bother me. As long as I can find my cigs, the bread and a block of cheese, I'm laughing. Also, being a Scot, I'm wll used to rain, damp, cold and general misery anyway. No problem. It's bouts of sunshine we have to cope with.

:thumbs:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

thats ok mushroom growing theory as well ,you wont starve :D

Edited by chesters1