Lure's from decathlon.

Slickfish

I'm posting this as I wouldhave never thought to go to Decathlon for fishing gear.

I went into the local decathlon store the other day and wandered down the fishing section, now in all honesty some of the stuff seems abit cheap, but some seems ok.

I was having a look at the lure's and found some plugs with rather life like patterns(which I hadn't seen the like's of before), I decided to give one a try.

I bought this one

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/pike-16cm-05-34487580/

Today, I have been once more to my local canal were I was told lure's don't work, I tried all sorts of spinners, spoons and plugs to no avail. I decided to crack out this new lure, now it looks quite bland with the darker colours but within 30min had a nice pike(about 8lb-9lb, didn't take my scales, very clean fish though). Side note whoever told me to take a set of plyers, thankyou you saved me and the pike a ball ache today. I now fully understand how forcepts wont cope in all hook ups.

Im confident I would have had more but afew casts after I managed to get the damn thing in a tree and lost it. The canal has a thick overhanging tree lined far bank so the slightest overcast and your screwed. Im planning to go down one day this week to try to recover it.

I have a 14cm carp version on order, in short these plugs are £6 to me thats better than throwing £12-15+ rapala's into tree's(if like me you do the odd duff cast), they have rattles and a nice action with alittle encouragement, I like the realistic look and it appears in my local pike venue so do the pike. Worth a look in my view if you like lure fishing.

I bought some Lures from Decathlon in Boulogne but t be fair they were Storm Yo-zuris and Rapalas all be it at a considerably cheaper price than I could get in the UK.

I had a look at some of their own brand stuff and I must admit it looked to be of a decent quality, What is the stcok like in the UK branches Slickfish?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I'm posting this as I wouldhave never thought to go to Decathlon for fishing gear.

I first mentioned Decathlon gear on here back in 2000 :)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/tackle-and-bai.../carpe_100.html

Not been to a store since, as there aren't any near me. How much do they stock these days?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The stock they have in store isn't really that good plugs wise, its mainly spinners they have in, but I was lucky enough to speak to the guy who works there who is in charge of the ordering etc. The lure I bought wasn't supposed to be there, he had done a sligh one to get them in store(Goodman B) ).

Apparently these natural patterns are quite new.

He told me they are abit funny about sending things out as they think it wont sell, However if you find what you want and ring up or pop in they will order you anything in at a customers request, that will be instore within 5 days, set aside waiting for you.

It's daft I cant see these lure's not selling but still they are reluctant to get a large stock. The pike one he got in had been out for a short time and I was the third to buy, they had about 6 left out, im sure there will be alot less when I pop in again.

As I said I have the common carp one on order, they have to order in 3's, so later this week 2 should be out on the shelf. Unless it looks as good as im expecting in which case I might buy 2.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/young-carp-14cm-34487585/

Seriously the quality seemed very good to me, I cant vouch for how long they would last obviously as its still in the tree, but from first impressions it seemed quite well made. I'm happy to buy more and advise you guys to take a look.

-EDIT-

Went to try and get the lure out the tree this afternoon and it had gone, through either the wind or someone got it, still to get me over the disapointment I went and to buy a replacement and they only had 3 left now 2. So they are selling well. With any luck they might realise they fly out the door and increase the selection B) .

Edited by Slickfish