In case the Eco-Flappers missed it.

Jim Roper

This is an interesting article about how raw temperature data is manipulated to form the master datasets used for the models. I'll just insert one image from the article that might give reason to read it:

darwin_zero7.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting article!

It also points to this site

http://www.appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/clim...ataset=GHCNTemp

where you can view the temperature data. It seems to me looking at a few data sets at random for UK sites that some of them do indeed show rises. However they are generally the sites in cities! Is it surprising that the temperature in our cities is rising? Look at the sites out in the sticks and there doesn't seem to be any such trend.

The more I look into this the worse it all smells!

Listening to talk radio yesterday, they were making the point of the scientists information that was excluded from the conference. One such guy from australia had a totally different veiw point, not invited. Wonder why.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

My own thoughts on "global warming" are that it isn't something to worry about. Over 70% of the earth is covered in water. When you warm water it evaporates, so if the planet warms it will get more cloudy. You don't need to be a climatologist to know that when it is cloudy the ground (or the sea) gets colder. That would seem to me to suggest that there is a negative feedback effect. Negative feedback is associated with stability. All we can possibly do by spending a fortune is tinker with the damping coefficient of this feedback system, for no good reason. Who is to say that having a stable global average temperature (in other words achieving critical damping of the system) is better than having a temperature that oscillates a few degrees every hundred years?

I chose to live on a hill, so why should I pay through the nose to support people who choose to live at (or even below) sea level, or in a river's flood plain?

Will all these Bangladeshis be helping me when it goes cold again and I can't get out of my house because of the snow? Somehow I doubt it!

This Copenhagen meeting is just yet another excuse for the other nations of the world to hold out their begging bowls and for our idiot politicians to hand over my money. I read, with incredulity, that even the Arabs are after money off us, to compensate them for people burning less oil. That is beyond belief!!

Water vapour is an even better greenhouse gas than is CO2. How do you know that all this water vapour won't exacerbate the situation and make it worse. 'Your own thoughts' no matter how profound, are not data.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Certainly not fiddled data.

It stands to reason that white cloud reflects radiation from the sun better than brown ground.

It stands to reason, that the earth is flat and that the sun orbits the earth, have you NO data??

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

It stands to reason, that the earth is flat and that the sun orbits the earth, have you NO data??

It's ironic that the AGW proponents often choose to use the flat earth idea to try to put down their opponents.

When I look at the moon at night it strikes me as obvious that it is a "ball" being illuminated by the sun from different angles as it orbits the earth. It's not difficult to extrapolate these observations to a model where the earth is also a ball spinning on its own axis to give night and day etc. It's not difficult for me and it would have been no more difficult for people eight hundred years ago to form the same conclusion, they had the same brain as I have. So why did it take so long for people to accept this fact? Religion! It didn't suit those in power to have their religion questioned. There was big money and power in the idea of the earth at the centre of the universe, placed there by the same almighty God that chose themselves as his emissaries.

Of course modern leaders have a great deal of difficulty fooling people into the old ideas, when we can see satellite pictures of our planet on a daily basis. So they need to look for new religions. I suspect that man made global warming is becoming one of them. Anyone who speaks out against it is shouted down as a heretic. Put down in much the same way as a 14th century man who dared to suggest that the world was round.

Our leaders say it is the truth, so we must accept that it is the truth. Have faith in their judgement, lest the AGW inquisitors burn us at the academic stake.

How to model the effects of temperature on cloud formation and cloud formation on temperature is one of the more contentious areas of climate science - and the assumptions on whether the effect of warming on cloud formation will generate negative or positive feedback are crucial to the output of the models.

My own thoughts on "global warming" are that it isn't something to worry about. Over 70% of the earth is covered in water. When you warm water it evaporates, so if the planet warms it will get more cloudy. You don't need to be a climatologist to know that when it is cloudy the ground (or the sea) gets colder. That would seem to me to suggest that there is a negative feedback effect. Negative feedback is associated with stability. All we can possibly do by spending a fortune is tinker with the damping coefficient of this feedback system, for no good reason. Who is to say that having a stable global average temperature (in other words achieving critical damping of the system) is better than having a temperature that oscillates a few degrees every hundred years?

I chose to live on a hill, so why should I pay through the nose to support people who choose to live at (or even below) sea level, or in a river's flood plain?

This is entirely what I have been thinking for ages, but I have also concluded that the more moisture that is in the air, the more likely we are to have stormy conditions. What goes up, usually comes down!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Anyone who speaks out against it is shouted down as a heretic. Put down in much the same way as a 14th century man who dared to suggest that the world was round.

Our leaders say it is the truth, so we must accept that it is the truth. Have faith in their judgement, lest the AGW inquisitors burn us at the academic stake.

I'm not shouting you or anyone else down, just asking to see your data, your evidence. Surely being a sceptic you have some kind of evidence that you base your belief on? Edited by corydoras