In case the Eco-Flappers missed it.

Jim Roper

It stands to reason that white cloud reflects radiation from the sun better than brown ground.

True enough, but cloud cover is also very efficient in retaining what heat DOES get through.

(Google "Albedo")

As an EXAMPLE, (not to be confused with "proof", Sportie :):) - see previous post) we have been birdwatching in the Australian desert the last fortnight - no clouds to hold the heat in so we got clear skies and brass monkeys at night.

Setting out at first light, shivering in just a shirt, and hands soon numb from holding binoculars - once the sun comes up, floppy hat, sunbloc and lots of water required.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This the most-recommended comment on the BBC Have Your Say thread on the topic.

"When some scientists at CRU have been urged to 'destroy your e-mails' and at least one of them has threatened to destroy his data rather than be forced to release it under the Freedom of Information Act, we have every right to suspect some skullduggery.

I've never believed the horror stories about sea levels rising 'metres', and those adverts about drowning puppies are nothing less than an attempt to brainwash our children. Is it any wonder the public are digging in their heels?"

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I still have data in Excel, so I tried adding linear trendlines to it. The equation of the lines are

Valley y = 0.0094x - 8.3102

Tiree y = 0.0054x - 1.5027

In other words averaged out over those 70 years the temperature in Anglesey is rising, by 0.094 degrees Celsius per decade. Tiree is rising by an even less impressive 0.054 degrees per decade.

If you look at some of the "adjusted" data the "experts" are using, they are sometimes showing rises above a degree per decade.

Looking at the graphs again that seems about right. But are they linear trends? Have you tried extracting the last half of each data set and replotting the trend i.e. is it accelerating upwards?

Then there's the question of location. These are coastal stations (Tiree especially) close to a massive heat sink called the Atlantic which will act as a massive buffer. Which is partly why our climate (sorry, your climate ;) ) is temperate in the first place.

Now take somewhere smack in the middle of a large land mass which is not buffered in this way and see what you get.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Gordon Clown has just said that 'we' are willing to reduce our carbon emissions by 30%.

Hands up those who think 'they' can/are willing to achieve it.

Cue: Jeremy Clarkson

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20091219135337

So, we didin't fill the African begging bowl this time and they're crying wolf!

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20091219135337

So, we didin't fill the African begging bowl this time and they're crying wolf!

Some good comments on there, Jim. Seems that the UK is waking up to yet another gravy train at last.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

makes me laugh at the new government advertisement asking us to drive five miles less a week ,it wasnt that long ago fat prescott was driven 200 yards to preach at a convention

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...dress=115x56073

the government sickens me its no better than the stalinest regime :angry:

yes it may get a reduction but it wont be the government doing it just us as usual and taxed extra for the pleasure

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Some good comments on there, Jim. Seems that the UK is waking up to yet another gravy train at last.

My comment was rejected, so I posted it on here.

More global warming. I also hear that the eu mainland is suffering.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8423417.stm

and:

Snowstorms and sub-zero temperatures have killed at least 19 people across Europe as well as severely disrupting air, rail and road transport.

At least 15 people froze to death overnight in Poland as temperatures dipped way below freezing. In parts of Germany a figure of -33C was recorded.

Change of tact. :)

For the climate change warriers. the hottest and most prolonged summer was 1976 in the uk. There hasn't been anything like it since, deny that one if you can. That was the start in the south east of a record number of structural repairs carried out in domestic dwellings, millions of millions of pounds was spent by insurance companies. That was when the water table dimminished in the london clay, loads of subsidence, clay shinkage. Deny that if you can. I know it was true, made a lot of money while we had to move people out of their homes for months on end.

Don't happen now, why is that?

Wondering what has happend to the ozone hole, don't hear of that problem anymore, has it been fixed. Now we hear that the co2 is stopping heat form dissapating. The other snippit i'm aware of is David attenbourgh has mentioned that in fifty years the amount of the world population has shot up. All emitting co2. It's a wonder the likes of edd milliband is not asking for a cull. ;)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Its certainly cold here Barry. Our max today was just +8c, its dropped from + 20c just a week ago.

The coldest has been a part of Teruel, at -23c....although much of Spain has seen between -12c and -17c last night.

People keep snow chains in their cars here in the mountain regions. they are cheap here and work well.

All the commercial airports are open so i heard though. Hope so. im flying on weds.