Sending a fishing rod abroad

CaptainBlue

Anyone got any ideas about the most economical way to send a fishing rod abroad ? It will be in a tube but there’s length restrictions wherever you look. Would the post office or parcelforce do it ?

DHL sends costly.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Stockholm, Sweden.

(Ex North Met Pit, Cheshunt local lad)

I sent one to Cuba via Parcelpost at the Post office it was about 3'6" long it did not cost too much about £10.00 and it got there despite a small error in the address.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I sent one to Cuba via Parcelpost at the Post office it was about 3'6" long it did not cost too much about £10.00 and it got there despite a small error in the address.

Price was good. Mine's an 11' rod so it's 5' 6" plus.

Mark

Stockholm, Sweden.

Quite often (especially on heavy items over 2kg) courier services are a lot cheaper than the postal service.Ive not tried these for rods in tubes but might be worth trying the "Get a quote"-

http://www.interparcel.com/quote/

Hi Budgie,

I went through the motions of getting a quote on the interparcel website but before I could actually see the cost, the step before was to send an email to the courier to book the pick up !

UPS wanted like £75 ! Thing I can't understand is that on ebay, you can get a rod sent to you for £7.50 by Royal mail 2nd class standard. Although on the website they say the max.length is 150cm (5').

Mark

Stockholm, Sweden.

Try Transglobal Express mate. They use DHL but for some daft reason are cheaper!

Been using them a lot this year sending rods all over the place and not had a problem at all. Just make sure the dimensions you enter onto the wensite are accurate and things will run smoothly.

wolf.gif

Try Transglobal Express mate. They use DHL but for some daft reason are cheaper!

Been using them a lot this year sending rods all over the place and not had a problem at all. Just make sure the dimensions you enter onto the wensite are accurate and things will run smoothly.

I checked the Transglobal website and it looks like they could do it for around £20 + vat with free pick-up. Brilliant. Thanks for the tip.

Mark

Stockholm, Sweden.