Skip Hire

Elton

I may need to hire a skip this month, something I've never done before. Is it best to look for a local company, or can somebody recommend a good national company?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I may need to hire a skip this month, something I've never done before. Is it best to look for a local company, or can somebody recommend a good national company?

Cheers,

Elton

A lot of the cost of skip hire goes to Landfill Tax.

Probably best to deal with someone who has a 'good working relationship' with the people running the local tip.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Elton

Go for local . . they will know the area, if a license is required, lighting etc ( unless you have somewhere for it off road ).

A national company will only subcontract and the subcontractor won't be as helpfull as someone on your door step.

Andrew Boyd

Elton

Go for local . . they will know the area, if a license is required, lighting etc ( unless you have somewhere for it off road ).

A national company will only subcontract and the subcontractor won't be as helpfull as someone on your door step.

AND, they will know the man on the gate at the tip.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I'm hoping this lot come my way. They're only about 15 miles away and seem cheaper than the national ones:

http://www.stowmarketskiphire.co.uk/

I won't need it for a week or so, so will have a chat with my mate the builder before I do anything.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Have a ride around and see who the local builders are using as they'll tend to be the cheapest usually £120 for an 8 cubic yard skip round here but with things being as they are they might be glad of a bit of cash if you get my drift. Get one that does'nt want you to seperate the waste so its a general waste skip you want and they can sort it out at the recycling centre

Brian - I'd noticed that some of them had asked what type of stuff you're getting rid of, so cheers for that.

Alan - I'm moving out of my storage unit, so think I may be struggling for space as of the end of December :D