Tidal Thames - New club to fight pollutions

Waveney One

If you were listening to Fisherman's Blues yesterday morning you would have heard a guy calling himself mushroom call in. One of the things discussed with Keith Arthur was how the Fish Legal Arm of the AT would be able to bring an action against Thames Water if the people who fished the Tidal regularly got themselves organised into a club that belonged to the Anglers Trust. Mushroom is now in the process of setting up such a club and to put your name forward see here.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/river-r...ne-else-28.html

He wrote "Howdy chaps and chappess,s, I will be brief.

Spoke to Keith Arthur on his radio show this morning, one thing led to another and I,m now trying to set up a club on the tidal Thames.

Keith bless him, volunteered on air to be president.

The idea is to join the Angling Trust, get Thames water prosecuted for the Mogden Lane pollutions,and laugh alot with fishy friends.

I haven,t a clue whats involved, so any, and all assistance will be gratefully received.

I am not looking to make any money, just feel better and laugh alot.

Thanking you all for taking the time to read this post "

Sounds like a very sensible move to me. Other actions that could be taken are to make representation to the authorities where they are restricting more and more access to the free fishing on the Thames. The only way to be heard is to act collectively as an organised body, they won't listen to unrepresentative individuals I am afraid.

There is a new link for this :-

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/general-fishing/

One further point that I would make about the Angling Trust and the club that mushroom is setting up for tidal Thames anglers. They will also be protected by 3rd party liability insurance by joining the Angling Trust. It gives members of that club free 3rd Party liability cover so if a member should be unfortunate enough to hook someone on a back cast or crack off when casting a lead and injure a passer-by, either on the towpath or on a boat, then they are covered.

So, if you regularly fish a stretch of 'free' water like that owned by the EA on the R. Yare just outside Norwich, or the Thames then form a club and get that club to join the Angling Trust. The benefits are there to be used.

Edited by Waveney One