Snow pictures anyone ?

RobStubbs

Well with the forecasting of snow this week, I might have to consider 'working from home'. Nothing beats a walk in fresh, crisp snow when others are trying to get into work, and of course doing so in the day time means I can take the camera out with me :)

Anyone had any already ? - Steve it must be snowing or have snowed in your neck of the woods ? - and I'm hoping for some to be around when we come up that way for the week over the new year (we're staying near Ullswater).

Rob.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a little snow on "the tops" around a week ago but that is mostly gone now. Its forecast for later in the week..but I wont hold my breath as snow in latter years here in Cumbria can fall at 5.00am...and be gone by 9.00am. I've missed more "whiteouts" than I care to mention...Grrrrrrrr

Best bet for snow shots up here if we have any...but its not a covering..is the "Langdales", so for you Rob, thats drive south down the side of Ullswater, over Kirkstone and down to Ambleside then onto the Langdale Pikes.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

We had a little snow on "the tops" around a week ago but that is mostly gone now. Its forecast for later in the week..but I wont hold my breath as snow in latter years here in Cumbria can fall at 5.00am...and be gone by 9.00am. I've missed more "whiteouts" than I care to mention...Grrrrrrrr

Best bet for snow shots up here if we have any...but its not a covering..is the "Langdales", so for you Rob, thats drive south down the side of Ullswater, over Kirkstone and down to Ambleside then onto the Langdale Pikes.

Ummm, might consider that - but my crystal ball predicts a bit more than just a dusting. But it's probably good for us either way;

No snow = OK (ish) for hill walking and probably lots of good views & photo opportunities

Snow = less good for walking but probably some great scenery and walking ok at the lower levels / on the flatter bits.

Rob.

I've got an old picture of me standing on the ice in the middle of Stickle Tarn just below Pavey Ark and because of the sunlight reflecting from the corrie around me I am in shirt sleeve order.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Been up here 8 years now and only decent covering was Easter 2 years ago...gone by Lunchtime!! Even when the rest of the country was under it bigtime (and ground to a standstill) last year...none here. You'll get more snow East of Penrith if it comes down as its a little colder that way.

However, there are always plenty of views here so if you pm me some details of your visit (dates, location email etc) I'll see if I can get out, meet up and take you on a mini tour of some of the better vistas.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Steve it must be snowing or have snowed in your neck of the woods ? - and I'm hoping for some to be around when we come up that way for the week over the new year (we're staying near Ullswater).

Rob.

Half the country covered in the stuff, still none here..heavy frost and cold.

Focal Planet

I took my camera out today!

The photos will be dire, as I don't have a photographer's eye, but give me a few mins....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

berries.jpg

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

snow5.jpg

snow6.jpg

snow7.jpg

snow8.jpg

snow9.jpg

snow10.jpg

snow11.jpg

snow12.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

These were taken this afternoon in the field after a lot had melted ,Not as much as Eltons area but the Puppy enjoyed it

018.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

This was this morning first thing his first time in the snow

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

He started off by using his snout as a shovel in the snow very funny Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: