Steve Coppolo's Vision

Elton

Thankfully I am now nearly 60 and won't have to endure too many more years on this planet!

Hopefully you're good for a few more decades yet, Clive.

Maybe the Japanese model for sea angling has it's plus points? Ritual hara-kiri for disgraced angling reps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi cleeclive.

I believe that somewhere within the marine bill some of the new powers that are going to be given to IFCA, s are to just what you suggest. Having the power to close a fishery if they think that it is being over exploited. A Bit like what DEFRA do now in closing a fishery if they think that an endangered spices (let’s say cod for example) is being overly exploited as a buy catch within that fishery.

Will have a dig about and see if I can come up with anymore information on it.

Regards.

Hello Challenge,

Just for the record, at the annual SFC meeting held at the then Board of Trade (fisheries) on 27 May 1893, that very same topic was discussed.

As was other agenda items such as undersized fish, expenses, enforcement, dumping of sludge and scientific research.

It would appear that very little has changed.

Rgds