Steve Coppolo's Vision

Elton

Guest challenge
The new powers are a step in the right direction, but I am begining to feel that with all the new stakeholders things will get very complex. I worked very closely with the fisheries science communuty for around 10 years with various EU funded selectivity projects and on some ICES working groups, and I used to get very excited when we had conducted some experiment and we seemed to be getting some positive results. Time the group had analysed all the experimental results and produced conflicting answers and then the statasticians had played with the figures to try to come up with some acceptable solution, whatever you had achieved personally seemed to pale into insignificance and after 15 years little progress had been made Of course during all this time while the scientists score academic points on each other the resource is being decimated. There is a culture within ICES that will never change, and however hard you battle from within the system always wins the argument based on statistical credibility and whether the work has been accepted for publication in a scientific journal.

This all has to be done before we are allowed to play politics with it. I think we all know how complex that can be as well. So I welcome any changes that will speed up the process but I doubt if they will happen in reality.

But mayne this is just because the older you get the more like Victor Meldrew you become! but at least we have Forums to vent our frustrations about life, not that a lot changes.

Absolutely. Well a small step in the right direction has to be better than a step backwards.

Thanks again for your input I do like reading your posts and learn a lot from them. May it long continue?

All the best for 2010 and beyond.

Regards.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Well a small step in the right direction has to be better than a step backwards.

Thanks again for your input I do like reading your posts and learn a lot from them. May it long continue?

All the best for 2010 and beyond.

Regards.

A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all of yoy who contribute on here, and whatever happens we can have some fun trying to put the world to rights., and save a few fish for us poor anglers!!

Cheers

Cleeclive

Plenty of marks, top middle and bottom of the channel to match your link. I agree with you that the stock is depleted and it would be good if enough of what is showing now and for the last two or three years remain.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=948X489816&am...kippers-blog%2F

one example. clik on catch detail.

http://www.folkestoneangler.co.uk/

Hi big-cod

Nice pictures, looks like you are emptying the north sea of cod all by yourself, nice to be able to blame somelse. isnt

Hi big-cod

Nice pictures, looks like you are emptying the north sea of cod all by yourself, nice to be able to blame somelse. isnt

Sorry steve have another look a catch like this would be nice.

netfish.jpg

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry steve have another look there are those who and those who dont know.

netfish.jpg

paul.

To me that looks like a really heathy catch of prime fish, compared with a mixed bag of mainly discard, undersized, or the wrong type, if i was a fisherman i would be proud of that. As long as it is within the rules, quota or whatever, i don't see a problem with it.

I would like to see that for the home market though as opposed to the dross you do see on the supermarket slab.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
To me that looks like a really heathy catch of prime fish, compared with a mixed bag of mainly discard, undersized, or the wrong type, if i was a fisherman i would be proud of that. As long as it is within the rules, quota or whatever, i don't see a problem with it.

I would like to see that for the home market though as opposed to the dross you do see on the supermarket slab.

Absolutely Barry. A lovely haul of prime cod, I witnessed a few hauls like that when I was commercially fishing. As you say as long as you have the quota for the fish you are targeting (in this case it would obviously bee cod) then to any commercial fisherman that would represent a great haul.

Regards.

Barry one minuite you are slagging commercial fishing next minuite its the best thing since sliced bread.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
Barry just how many faces have you got ive lost count call yourself an angler you dont know the meaning of the word.

paul.

So as an angler then Paul what do you say is wrong (remembering that you posted it) with that haul of cod? And what part of his comment makes him not know the meaning of the word angling?

Regards.

Yes, i can call myself an rsa. There's a list somewhere on this forum of what i would like to better as pb's do yourself a favour and go and find them, more to the point, can you assist me in trying to better them?

I don't like some aspects of trawling and i don't have a problem in discussing it. Like the 28 tonne haul of breeding stock bass down the west country three years ago or the bbc video'ed stage managed prawn trawl that identified 98% fish discard. However your post certainly showed a healthy bag of fish. Just what else where you attempting to show with it? Was it an illegal haul? :huh:

Please don't ruin this topic with personal snipes, you can mail me direct.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yes, i can call myself an rsa. There's a list somewhere on this forum of what i would like to better as pb's do yourself a favour and go and find them, more to the point, can you assist me in trying to better them?

I don't like some aspects of trawling and i don't have a problem in discussing it. Like the 28 tonne haul of breeding stock bass down the west country three years ago or the bbc video'ed stage managed prawn trawl that identified 98% fish discard. However your post certainly showed a healthy bag of fish. Just what else where you attempting to show with it? Was it an illegal haul? :huh:

Please don't ruin this topic with personal snipes, you can mail me direct.

The reply barry to steve was to show what anglers take in real terms aint any where near what can be caught commercially just out of curiosty what would you have said if it was large bass in that codend.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg