Angling Trust Forum

Elton

One thing i can't do Steve and that is ignore them, absolute comedians in my mind, i can't describe them as anything else. This reg geezer, don't know why he hates otters so much, trying to make it a big issue, when it ain't. Trying to create a problem between anglers and the public, only in your eyes reg me old mucker. Why ain't you out on carp watch. :D Where are the foto's of all these ripped apart 20lb dead and dying carp then reg? Only in your mind me old son. I only seen one, might have been old age and half eaten by a fox or rats for all we know.

He also don't listen when i say the A T don't rep the rsa, don't know about wasting another pound on his otter crusade, i certainly wouldn't waste me twenty quid in the first place in any event. Don't you get it reg, eel take restrictions (no value), fishing restrictions at christchurch (no proof). Now it looks that we may have an rsa charter to deal with, i have no doubt the A T will see it as their platform for all sea anglers. What about the rsa sport reg, the A T don't care about that, so why should the rsa bother with support for the likes of you. The A T have washed their hands of the mcz's and ntz's, they are not up to it, why can't you get that through your thick head reg. No voice is a heck of a lot better than the A T restriction voice, no thanks, the rsa ain't broke so buggg@r off. Don't you understand that reg. You can answer that one if you like on the A T forum as i will pick it up, i promise you. Comedy of errors. Don't want you and yours, two left feet fighting for the rsa reg, the A T's already done enough damage, no thank you.

Quote reg again:

At least your little band of FREEEEDOMMMM fighters on the anglers net forum did a better job than you. They even copied my post on there....... Thanks.

Can I suggest you go back there and practice a bit more, you do not want to lose your halo do you? Whilst your over there you can tell them who we are going to have fight our corner when sea anglers end up with no voice AGAIN, just as you wish.

Honestly Wayne, do you not think that the future protection of our Otters, our wildlife and the sport of our fellow freshwater anglers is not worth £1 a year. If you really have no comradeship Wayne, then you have no right to represent others that do. The problem with the Otter v Angler is real and potentially very damaging to the publics views of all anglers, us included if you have forgotten..........MCZ's, NTZ's, log books, permits, C+R, EA Byelaws, Eel Ban, Mullet Ban ........... do you get the picture now!

Poor old Reg. He obviously means well, but doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. It's a shame that none of the Angling Tim....oops, I mean Trust, hierarchy don't feel inclined or able to comment on some of these issues. They claim to be the 'Voice of Angling', yet they leave it all up to the likes of poor old Reg to fend off their critics. If the AT spent more time engaging with the anglers they claimto represent, and less time issuing denials and asking people to shut up, they might actually achieve something.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i overstepped the mark and i apologise to Reg, it isn't his fault, his frustrations must be the same as the rsa's.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Pure arrogance at work? This errrrr guy should have either put the other guy back on the right track. Or is this guy right to keep the A T to a select few of elitist..............

quote:

Re: Should there be a tiered joining cost for adults

John Hepworth Today at 10:39 pm

Getting 'anglers' to join the AT??

My wife answered the 'phone this morning and the conversation went something like...

"is e in?" is who in she asks. "Bloke about fishing" I then take over and ask what he wants.

"are you open tomorra" he asked. I ask again, what do you want? He says "a wanna fish t'lake tomorra, are you open" I explain that the lake in question is not a day ticket water and is only available to club members. "O, does that mean I'll ave to get a licence, sod that" he said and hung up.

Sadly the guy was typical of a great many 'anglers' who telephone regarding fishing my clubs waters, and he is the type of member AT will have to attract if it wants to build a mass membership. No way Jose

Tight Lines

John H

www.chubstudygroup.co.uk

www.durhamanglers.co.uk

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

A very good friend of mine phoned the AT recently and asked "What do I get for my twenty quid joining fee as a sea angler?". The girl at the end of the phone didn't have an answer, and he was told to call back the next day, which he did.

"So, what do I get for my £20 as a sea angler?"

The answer was quite simply.... 'Err, you get to enter some fishing competitions that mean you can try out for the England Squad'. I'm not kidding you, that was the actual answer given. And the ONLY answer given!

Now, after reading the AT forums, I suggest that they add to their crib sheet the following...

Question: "What do I get for my £20 as a sea angler?"

Answer' Well you get to fish some competitions that mean you can try out for the England Squad.... And you can post replies on our forum, which is overrun with crazed loonies determined to do their best to destroy your sport'!!!!!!

A very good friend of mine phoned the AT recently and asked "What do I get for my twenty quid joining fee as a sea angler?". The girl at the end of the phone didn't have an answer, and he was told to call back the next day, which he did.

The answer was quite simply.... 'Err, you get to enter some fishing competitions that mean you can try out for the England Squad'. I'm not kidding you, that was the actual answer given. And the ONLY answer given!

Now, after reading the AT forums, I suggest that they add to their crib sheet the following...

Answer' Well you get to fish some competitions that mean you can try out for the England Squad.... And you can post replies on our forum, which is overrun with crazed loonies determined to do their best to destroy your sport'!!!!!!

What do you expect for £20 Dave, surely not representation....... :o

In all honesty, your mate got one of the more sensible answers that I have heard of from the AT. It may have been lacking in meat but at least it was half sane..........which is pretty unusual..........:rolleyes:

I decided to chuck my membership card in, Dave. All I got for my twenty quid was false reassurances and frustration. In the end, I couldn't stand the thought of my name being on their membership list. The Angling Trust is run by match anglers and specimen hunters, (as well as the odd wannabe politician), for match anglers and specimen hunters. With their stance on the fish removal and eel bye-laws, the Otter issue and, now, the RSA strategy, they are proving to be an embarrassment to angling. As for the AT forum, I can't believe some of the stuff I read on there. Some of the views expressed by certain characters are quite frightening.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I decided to chuck my membership card in, Dave. All I got for my twenty quid was false reassurances and frustration. In the end, I couldn't stand the thought of my name being on their membership list. The Angling Trust is run by match anglers and specimen hunters, (as well as the odd wannabe politician), for match anglers and specimen hunters. With their stance on the fish removal and eel bye-laws, the Otter issue and, now, the RSA strategy, they are proving to be an embarrassment to angling. As for the AT forum, I can't believe some of the stuff I read on there. Some of the views expressed by certain characters are quite frightening.

The good news is....even the match anglers are revolting now ( :P ), they have to join the AT to apply for a match ticket and aren't even guaranteed to get one! It seems they don't get their AT money back if they're not drawn out of the hat!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

The good news is....even the match anglers are revolting now ( :P ), they have to join the AT to apply for a match ticket and aren't even guaranteed to get one! It seems they don't get their AT money back if they're not drawn out of the hat!

Both the match anglers and the otter guys are absolutly revolting. Snigger. :)

Both the match anglers and the otter guys are absolutly revolting. Snigger. :)

Ok Barry and all the other guys/girls out there, I have now crossed over to promote the AT.

If you are prepared to discuss the problems with angling sensibly I promise to listen to you. Now is the time to move forward so I will make the first move, I am sorry for the FREEEDOMMM dig.................... my HALO slipped lol, and I accept Barry's apology.

The AT has now published their strategy and I strongly recommend that you look at it and ask yourself where do I stand, do I do nothing and watch our sport deteriorate further or do I join fellow anglers who want to IMPROVE the future of all angling, can 14000 anglers really be wrong.

Steve Coppollo, I've missed our chats, your both right and wrong.

Yes I care about our sport, enough to take some stick on this forum, Yes, there is a lot that I do not understand or will ever understand, that is why I joined the AT, to learn more and fight for the future of our sport.

No, I do have a clue, maybe not much as much as you, but the more I learn, the more I will know. What I know already is that you cannot throw in the towel because others do not agree with your stance. You made a mistake there Steve.

Wayne McCully, where do you stand! The anglers on this forum need to know the truth, now that YOUR organization has a strategy how will you promote it?

Shame on you Dave. How do you think subscribers to your magazine, who are also AT members feel about you desending down to this level. As you know already, I as well as Chris Holloway, an AT representative, have already made you eat your words, making you publicly state the following in the February edition of BFM:

Well Reg, I'm all in for the Angling Trust if they can help 'save' our sport, but as our political correspondent Steve Copollo pointed out last month, the AT manifesto as it stands could do more damage to our sport than good. It's very early days yet as far as the organization goes, and after weighing up I agree that it's better to have an organization that is a little misguided than no organization at all- so YES I AM ACTIVELY PROMOTING the AT as a GOOD thing. If they are willing to talk to real anglers and get their input on what real anglers want, need or foresee happening to the sport, then I can see the AT becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Do you read your own script Dave!

As a subscriber for many years, I expect the editor to be both professional and respectful to its subscribers........... you are not.

In the January editition of BFM you said that you want to be envolved on an advisory capacity if at all possible, back then I supported you and would of welcomed your input, now,....... NOT A CHANCE. A person in a privileged position such as yours cannot make childish remarks, no matter how light hearted they were intended to be.

So I am a crazed loonie and I am determined to do my best to destroy your sport........... no need Dave, your doing a better job than me!!