Angling Trust Forum

Elton

James Luxton v's The marine conservation society. :)

Don't like being ignored so after the mcs failed to comunicate answers to my questions why non distructive angling and potting is to be excluded from this one to form one of their ntz's, i think i will step up a gear and see if i can bend a few earholes. Yes i have put this one on anglers net before, however i feel that as the subject of mcz's is still running, i wish to get some mileage out of it. sorry chaps. :D

So my email below, It may even be a good idea Reg if you would pick it up and try and win some points with the A T masters, as i intend to see if the local papers will be interested in this one. What i failed to mention below, this is a rare area indeed where disabled car access is allowed for them to have a go and fish off the rocks. As the A T in their mantra makes a thing out of access for all, don't you think that this could be one where the A T could score brownie points? However, they may well have concidered it in the past and come to a conclusion that the mcs are correct and this area does indeed need restricting from all including the anglers, disabled, divers excluded of course as they are in flavour with the mcs. So as usual all we will hear is silence. What do you recon Reg. :)

Ok Barry, I've done a bit of digging!!

Your questions regarding Berry Head/Brixham MCZ's should be directed at Finding Sanctuary, their contact number is 01392 878327, the person you need to speak to is Sarah McLintock. I had a chat with Sarah today and she agreed to come on this forum and discuss the situation with Finding Sanctuary and the possible MCZ's in their area. I have also contacted Mike Heylin, both Mike and Sarah have confirmed that Your Seas Your Voice can only lobby for sites to be protected, they have no real power what so ever. YSYV will be providing information to the four project areas but there is no guarantee that any of their recommendations will be accepted. Mike Heylin has confirmed that the AT have no relationship with YSYV and cannot see why you blame the AT for their intended proposals/restrictions or lack of action, as of yet, YSYV have not provided any sites to the four project areas. In Mike's email he states that should Berry Head/Brixham be designated as part of a MCZ, as a no take zone, then the AT and other RSA reps will be fighting it. If you look at each site listed on the MCZ site in very many cases they want to see angling excluded. That runs in the face of the advice Angling Trust has been given by ministers and is a very strong reason for all sea anglers to be making their voices heard within the MCZ programme.

Sarah recommends anglers to look at www.mczmapping.org a web site for maps online, view tab stakeholder mapping and view sea anglers locations to find out more information. Finding Sanctuary aims to achieve proposals for MCZ's that meet the criteria with the least impact on all stakeholders, including RSA.

Mike has also given your concerns to John Amery, Chair of the AT Marine Committee, and David Mitchell, the new AT Marine Campaigns Coordinator for future information. Mike would like to know the dates and AT persons you have tried to speak too, write or email, then he will happily check their records and ask the persons concerned why they have not got back to you. You can contact him via the AT email address.

So Barry, now its up to you. You can help by making a noise, contact local anglers in your area and make sure that Finding Sanctuary knows how the local anglers feel about losing this site. If anglers do not start making a noise then they do not care enough and are happy to offload the blame onto the AT. If YSYV have an opportunity to lobby for a MCZ at Berry Head then you and the other anglers in your area have an opportunity to lobby for the protection of RSA and your fishing venue. Or you can simply contact Sarah on the number provided to explain your concerns in detail.

An AT guide to MCZ's can be downloaded

anglingtrust.net/core_picker/download.asp?id=1125&filetitle=Marine+Conservation+Zones+%2D+A+Guide+from+Angling+Trust

REG

Edited by Yido

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Mike Heylin has confirmed that the AT have no relationship with YSYV and cannot see why you blame the AT for their intended proposals/restrictions or lack of action, as of yet, YSYV have not provided any sites to the four project areas. In Mike's email he states that should Berry Head/Brixham be designated as part of a MCZ, as a no take zone, then the AT and other RSA reps will be fighting it.

end quote.

with regards to the mcz's, after the A T was formed the A T had on thier web site reference to the mcz's where they told the rsa that they were not geared up to deal with the mcz issue and recommended the rsa to liase with the MCS, at that time. That is fact Reg, it did happen. I have tried to trawl through the A T web site and cannot find any reference to the liasion. So had in fact the A T changed direction regarding the mcz in thier relationship with the MCS. The first i heard of them was when i took it from a link off the A T web site. I haven't mentioned YSYV. At all times i have spoke about the MCS. They have been around for a while now, first they tried to have the rsa as bedfellows, no luck there so they now have divers as thier mates. So i assume that is why there is now a devide between divers and angling interests and the mcs are calling for the majority of thier jewels to be ntz's.

Is It because of my concerns at berry head that the A T have decided that they will fight the corner Reg, or have other rsa's joined in?

On my computer i have many hundreds of emails both sent and recieved, i know that somewhere i have detail with regards to ones sent to the mcs, their confirmation that it was received and who was going to respond to my email. Obviously it did not happen, thats why i have said it. You have the wrong end of the stick with regards to me contacting the A T for the mcz project. I have told you that the A T initially where not geared up to deal with the mcz's that is why i contacted the mcs direct. So i will go trawling back through my lists just satisfy myself i'm not around the bend. Watch this space on that one.

I don't have Local anglers regarding this location, it's near torbay, i'm in rochester, thanks for the tip, but it's a bit far for me to travel to try and whip up support from the locals. However i do have mates down there and obviously we pass on information between our selfs. My interest with regards to the restrictions these ngo's are proposing is right through out the channel Reg as i fish top middle and bottom and i can assure you i am taking a keen interest in all three areas. Who are the other reps for down there?

Thanks for the info regarding this Sarah person, i don't do phone calls when something as serious as this that could have an effect on the rsa. i prefer to either write or send emails, especially when we have a situation that is shown above, i like records to fall back on. To that end i have tried to email finding sanctuary direct, however their web site email link, it is very difficult to send all of my concerns, links, photograpths, so my course of action regarding this ngo is to put it in letter form, that is what i will be doing.

As regards to the rsa providing information to the ngo's, i have major concern providing detail of angling areas, hot spots and or any other angling information that could quite simply be turned around and used against the rsa, as and when it suits them, not just for the mcz but in the future. To that end, i don't trust them nor the government. While they are talking to you smiling, thier hand is in your pockets. I prefer a safe distance. Are they going to be disbanded once it's all up and running or are these ngo's a permanent additional level of management forever more. Thats another concern of mine. The cost. Yes i know it's down to me Reg and i will keep plugging away, as long as it don't affect me fishing. I am aware that these restrictions this govenment are bringing in, they will have to have clear evidence of the rsa or others causing damage to the areas, so to offer up restriction just for the sake of it, like the eel debarcle will never be acceptable.

As a side issue, the rsa are a fairly healthy profitable, non-damaging, pursuit, is there really a need for governence and or management? B)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

For the guys who are interested, Stuart MacPherson is back.......... in the form of RSAMCZCG

Recreational Sea Angling Marine Conservation Zone Coordination Group

Stuart is the coordinator of this organisation, someone we all can trust.

Contact details smyorksnfsa07@yahoo.com --------- see for yourselves

For the guys who are interested, Stuart MacPherson is back.......... in the form of RSAMCZCG

Recreational Sea Angling Marine Conservation Zone Coordination Group

Stuart is the coordinator of this organisation, someone we all can trust.

Contact details smyorksnfsa07@yahoo.com --------- see for yourselves

Press release from Stuart was added earlier:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Tide-Ru...s-t2318222.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

And for the sake of clarity, seeing as Reg has posted the news on an AT related thread, Stuart is not back in the AT, and the Coordination Group is not being run by the AT.

This bit of copy confirms that. Hopefully we now have a guy who is on the rsa's case and can be the first point of contact?

Quote.

Good afternoon

Please find attached the first press release from the RSA MCZ Coordination Group. The Group was formed from the Recreational Sea Anglers (RSA) stakeholder representatives on the Four MCZ Projects i.e Finding Sanctuary, Balanced Seas, Netgain and Irish Sea. The members considered there were benefits to RSAs in consolidating the debate from the four projects, circulating details, which currently are of a general nature, and collating best practice to promote the interests of the RSA sector in protecting our interests. The group consists of individual anglers, members of Federations and clubs and members of the Marine Committee of AT. It is far broader church than AT and is indicative of the cooperation that can be achieved in the interest of ALL RSAs. I trust that you will assist by publishing an article that will assist the Group to communicate our concerns to the wider RSA population.

Regards

Stuart McPherson

Collator

National RSA MCZ Coordination Group

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yes indeed Barry and Wayne

We have an opportunity here to see if all RSA can have a alliance here, I hope it is as open and honest as we need it to be. Sorry if you guys thought that I said Stuart was back with the AT. He is back representing RSA in all its forms.

open and honest

Being generalistic, openness and honesty comes at a price, Reg.

A price that has soon proven to be far too great for the majority of RSA reps.

I know only too well that Stuart is not back with the AT. Why is that, and why did he go in the first place?

Ok Barry, I've done a bit of digging!!

Your questions regarding Berry Head/Brixham MCZ's should be directed at Finding Sanctuary, their contact number is 01392 878327, the person you need to speak to is Sarah McLintock. I had a chat with Sarah today and she agreed to come on this forum and discuss the situation with Finding Sanctuary and the possible MCZ's in their area. I have also contacted Mike Heylin, both Mike and Sarah have confirmed that Your Seas Your Voice can only lobby for sites to be protected, they have no real power what so ever. YSYV will be providing information to the four project areas but there is no guarantee that any of their recommendations will be accepted. Mike Heylin has confirmed that the AT have no relationship with YSYV and cannot see why you blame the AT for their intended proposals/restrictions or lack of action, as of yet, YSYV have not provided any sites to the four project areas. In Mike's email he states that should Berry Head/Brixham be designated as part of a MCZ, as a no take zone, then the AT and other RSA reps will be fighting it. If you look at each site listed on the MCZ site in very many cases they want to see angling excluded. That runs in the face of the advice Angling Trust has been given by ministers and is a very strong reason for all sea anglers to be making their voices heard within the MCZ programme.

Sarah recommends anglers to look at www.mczmapping.org a web site for maps online, view tab stakeholder mapping and view sea anglers locations to find out more information. Finding Sanctuary aims to achieve proposals for MCZ's that meet the criteria with the least impact on all stakeholders, including RSA.

Mike has also given your concerns to John Amery, Chair of the AT Marine Committee, and David Mitchell, the new AT Marine Campaigns Coordinator for future information. Mike would like to know the dates and AT persons you have tried to speak too, write or email, then he will happily check their records and ask the persons concerned why they have not got back to you. You can contact him via the AT email address.

So Barry, now its up to you. You can help by making a noise, contact local anglers in your area and make sure that Finding Sanctuary knows how the local anglers feel about losing this site. If anglers do not start making a noise then they do not care enough and are happy to offload the blame onto the AT. If YSYV have an opportunity to lobby for a MCZ at Berry Head then you and the other anglers in your area have an opportunity to lobby for the protection of RSA and your fishing venue. Or you can simply contact Sarah on the number provided to explain your concerns in detail.

An AT guide to MCZ's can be downloaded

anglingtrust.net/core_picker/download.asp?id=1125&filetitle=Marine+Conservation+Zones+%2D+A+Guide+from+Angling+Trust

REG

Remember this, Reg?

Steve,

I have now come to the conclusion that I do not know enough to represent anglers at that level, I've just started to find out how hard it is to make the correct decisions. All I have is passion for my sport, for my fellow angler and for the ideals of Unity amongst anglers. Is that enough, no it is not, I have a lot to learn right now. The last thing I need is to take this massive task on, the thought of harming our sport and saying the wrong things at the wrong times to the wrong people, to be honest, frightens me. There are far more important people out there who could and are doing a better job than me. Look at how easy it was for you to pick holes in my words, passion is not enough.

I will do what I can to help anglers, if they ask me, but I am just an angler Steve.

Do you still feel the same way?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Steve, you once gave me some sound advice, to learn.

That is what I am doing, the more I learn the more I want to do something to help local anglers. So do yourself a favour Steve and shred that thick dossier you have on me, I am no threat to you or any RSA, there are after all bigger fish to catch. We all want a better future, infighting will not help us at all.